Chapter 26

Blaine and Wes have their Warbler audition at the end of their first week and both feel more or less prepared. Luckily Robert kept it low that week so Blaine had enough peace to go through the lyrics again and practice when his dad wasn't at home. The rest of the time they mostly avoided each other and kept quiet around each other. Blaine wouldn't dare doing different anyway.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Wes asks but Blaine nods "It's too late now anyway. Any second now they will call me in". Of course he still wants to audition. They both want to but just in the begining of the week Blaine decided to sing another song. Not teenage dream anymore and therefore not as much time to practice like he had with Teenage dream.

"Blaine Anderson?" someone calls and smiles at Blaine when he stands up. "Good luck Blainers" Wes says and hugs his best friend shortly before slightly pushing him to the boy who still waits at the door for him. Once the door closes behind Blaine he feels three pairs of eyes on him. The head of the Warblers. He can do this. "Hi. I'm Blaine Anderson and I'll be singing So Far Away by Carol King" he introduces himself and starts the music when one of the head boys nods.

So far away

Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?

It would be so fine to see your face at my door

Doesn't help to know you're just time away
Long ago, I reached for you and there you stood

Holding you again could only do me good

How I wish I could, but you're so far away

One more song about movin' along the highway
Can't say much of anything that's new

If I could only work this life out my way
I'd rather spend it bein' close to you

But you're so far away
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?
It would be so fine to see your face at my door
Doesn't help to know you're so far away

Yeah, you're so far away

Traveling around sure gets me down and lonely

Nothing else to do but close my mind
I sure hope the road don't come to own me
There's so many dreams I've yet to find

But you're so far away
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?

It would be so fine to see your face at my door

It doesn't help to know you're so far away

Yeah, you're so far away
Hey, you're so far away
Thank you, you were very kind

"Thank you Blaine. We tell you our decision in the begining of next week" the boy on the left says and also brings Blaine out again before calling "Wesley Monthgomery". "Good luck Wes" Blaine says and also hugs his best friend "I'll wait here and later we get ice cream as a treat".

>>><<<

That evening Blaine tells his mom about his audition while they eat dinner. His dad is out on a business dinner so mother and son have some time alone to talk and to celebrate, even to watch a movie. When the movie is over, Robert back home and Blaine up in his room he sits down at his desk and starts writing

>>><<<

Dear Kurt

I had my audition today and I think it went well concidering that I decided to change my audition song four days ago.

Instead of Teenage Dream I sang So Far Away. Do you know that song? It's from Carol King.

Next week they tell us if we got in so I keep you updated on that. Fingers crossed.

How are Finn, Rachel, Sam and his girlfriend?

Love Blaine

>>><<<

Dear Blaine

Risky action but good song. I hope that you and Wes get in. Finn says his fingers are crossed too.
Both couples still go strong and we have shipnames for them now.

Finn & Rachel -> Finchel

Sam & Mercedes -> Samcedes
Does Anna and Wes have a shipname? Maybe Wanna or Wenna?

Love Kurt

>>><<<

Dear Kurt

I got in! Wes and I both got in! We're officially a part of the Dalton Academy Warblers. See you at Sectionals or Regionals.
Here's to a friendly competition and our first meeting. I hope we have the same Sectionals this year because I don't want to wait any longer.
This is real Kurt. We really will be able to see each other this year! Can you believe it? Because I can't. Not yet and not really.
Wes and Anna didn't had a shipname before but I like Wenna and I proposed it to Wes. He'll think about it but I'm gonna use it anyway.
Who thought of Finchel and Samcedes?

Love Blaine

>>><<<

(Kurts answer: Santana. That girl from glee who was my date at the wedding first started calling them that way and everyone else just started to use these names too.)

>>><<<

"You know what I think?" Rachel asks her best friend. "No but I'm sure you're about to tell me" Kurt answers. They sit in Kurts room together with Mercedes and watch a movie. Sam and Finn are in Finns room, probably playing GTA or something. "I think he sang for you at his audition. Not every single word but the whole you know?" the girl says and adds "Like you sang IDK you yet for him". "Maybe but I can't be sure" Kurt shrugs.

"Then ask him" Mercedes says, making Kurt laugh "Sure and I also tell him every detail about how I feel for him. No thanks". "Oh Kurtie. I'm sure he likes you back" now Rachel says. "When you two meet at Sectionals or Regionals I will prove it to you" she adds determined. She and Mercedes laugh but Kurt only gets red in the face, like a tomato, hiding his face behind a pillow.

>>><<<

Dear Blaine
I don't know if they told you yet but we're not in the same group for Sectionals. I wish you all the luck so we can see each other at Regionals. How is it going with school and rehersals? Doing well? Boys are nice? Feeling prepared or nervous for your first competition?

Love Kurt

>>><<<

Dear Kurt

That's a shame but we're gonna see each other anyway and that's good because I'm sure we both will win at Sectionals and go to Regionals.

Rehersals are exhausting but so much fun! All the members are very nice and Wes and I are freinds with two other boys who are new. Their names are Jeff and Nick and Wes and I have a bet on how long it takes for them to realize their feelings for each other and get together.

How are your rehersals going?

Love Blaine

>>><<<

(Kurts rehersals are also very exhausting and he proposes that if Nick and Jeff get together their nickname should be Niff (Maybe he spends too much time with Santana))