Chapter 19

Summer holidays are busy now that the Hudsons and the Hummels are moving together.

Once they did and everything is done Kurt writes Blaine a letter with his new adress and tells him about how much he loves the new house. More space, bigger garden and closer to the bus station to school and back.

Time passes by so fast and sooner than Kurt can think the holidays come to an end and Blaines birthday closer. While moving together Kurt and Finn grew even closer and now feel like real brothers, marriage or not. Just as they finished moving in Kurt cathced the summer flu and Carol made him stay in bed.

He got a letter from Blaine and wrote back and Finn got it out for delivery and when Kurt ordered Blaines gift to the shop in the mall Finn was the one who went to pick it up and also send it away after Kurt packed it nicely for Blaine.

This time Wes is on vacation until the next last day of the holidays so Blaine spends his birthday alone. Mostly alone. His mom made a cake for him, small enough so it's not a waste but big enough to call it a cake.

The birthday boy sleeps in and talks with Wes on the phone once he's awake until he goes down for breakfast. For breakfast Blaine enjoys some of the cake. There's no adult at home to stop him. He's alone at home.

In the noon Blaine sits down with his guitar and the song book Kurt got for him last year. He still has some hours until his dad comes home and he has to stop again and he'll use the time he gets.

While playing he thinks about Kurt. By now he's pretty good and doesn't have to focus too much. He can play and be deep in his own thoughts.

At first Blaine didn't thought much about Sams coming out, Kurt being sexually confused and then coming out as well. Slowly but surely Blaine catches himself more often and often overthinking his sexuality too. Maybe he isn't straight either.

He often thinks about Kurt and imagines all possible scenarios with him. Hugging him, talking to him face to face, looking at him. His eyes. His lips. What Kurt would look like. They hold each other, finally being able to do so.

And if he really has a crush on Kurt does that mean he's gay? Or bi? Or pan? Or- He never thought about girls like that. Like other boys think about girls. Kurt and Blaine crushed on Zac Efron in one of their old letters even before Kurt came out. Was that some sort of sign?

So apparently now it's Blaines time to be confused about his sexuality, how to lable himself and again catches himself thinking about Kurt. He thinks he wants more from Kurt. But even if he does that doesn't mean Kurt wants more from him as well.

And if they both do it's still impossible. They live about two hours away and never saw each other. They know about each others lives but still have their own. This would be long distance but in a completely new and different way. Long distance on next level. It wouldn't work.

Blaine is so deep in his thoughts that he almost missed the door bell ringing. Was it away and his parents have a key. Could that be? Yep! The post man.

Smiling and with a package from Kurt in his hand Blaine sits down next to his guitar again and carefully opens it. In it he finds a smaller box, wrapped in simple dark red but beautiful paper. He unwraps it and opens the smaller box to find a letter and a bracelet in it. Black and red. Kurts favorite color. Blaine guessed that Kurt might send him a bracelet back but he couldn't be sure until he saw it.

Grinning widely Blaine puts the bracelet on and then reads what Kurt wrote in his letter.

>>><<<

Hello birthday boy

I hope this comes in time and that you're having a wonderful day,
You send me a bracelet so of course I send you one back, The yellow always reminds me of you so the red should represent me as a symbol of our friendship so you always feel that I'm close to you in some way,

I planned on putting some sweets in the box too like chocolate or so so the box doesn't seem too empty but as you know I catched the flu so Finn picked up the bracelet, I know how much he loves sweets so I didn't trust him to bring them back untouched or just not eaten by the time he comes home, So just imagine a chocolate bar in here and some red vines or so,
I think of you today and hope you have a wonderful day,

Love Kurt

>>><<<

Just like Kurt said the red will definitly remind Blaine of him the whole time. Kurt. Red.