TWO

Maithili's Pov

Maithili's Pov

"Your dress is here," My mom says buzzing into my chambers with two maids following behind with my huge wedding dress, which I hated.

It was too red, too heavy, and too sparkly for my liking but Mom said that it's customary for a future Queen to wear this so that the pictures would be carried on to our future generations.

I smile at her and stand up and go toward the floor-length mirror placed in my room as I see the maids unpack the dress and I look away. I cannot even look at it without getting erythrophobia. One of the words I have learned in the extra Advanced English Classes my Dad put me into.

"Let's try on the dress to see the fitting properly," Mom says, sounding excited but I could see the sadness in her eyes. She is sad, I will be leaving her, but I'm even more sad knowing I have to marry someone who has had relationships with so many women in his life.

"Mom, I don't feel well, can we do this some other time?" I ask her and she looks at me worried.

"Are you okay? What is it?" she asks concerned and coming towards me and I shake my head.

"Just exhausted with all these rituals," I say and see her nod in understanding.

"That's right, okay we will try the dress in the evening, you go get some rest now, tomorrow it's your Mehendi and Sangeet, so you'll be even more exhausted, go get rest," Mom says and stands up, not before stroking my cheeks lovingly and I stopped myself from sobbing.

I give her a nod and a smile as she leaves my chambers with the maids following behind and closes the door, as soon as the door is shut, tears start to form in my eyes and I look down and take Harry in my hand, Harry was a pink teddy bear I had, my Dad had brought it to me when I completed all my Kathak exams, it was kinda my hobby to dance and I loved classical dancing.

"I'll miss you," I whisper as I clutch Harry to my chest and sob, and think of ways to get out of the marriage, which even if was possible, I had no guts to do because I don't want to make my father ashamed in front of all the guests and relatives.

I don't know how much time passed by when I heard my phone ringing. I wipe my tears and take the phone and a smile touched my lips looking at the caller Id.

Abeer Malhotra, we've met at many of the parties my father has thrown, his father is our family friend and was always invited to all the functions and parties that were thrown by my family, Abeer and I had been friends since we were kids so I can even say he is one of the best and the only male friend I have, though I don't have many because everyone wanted to be my friend because of my princess status or they don't want to be my friend because of my princess status.

I pick up the call and put it to my ear as I heard many voices in the background, "Hey," I spoke.

"Mahi, hi, how are you?" Abeer's voice finally reached me with all the background noise. I smile as I heard the name, only my Family and my close friends called me that, for the rest, I was always Princess Maithili.