FIVE

Maithili's Pov

Maithili's Pov

"Stop eating so many sweets, you're going to get sick!" Ahana says to Aarav who is busy ignoring her, I look at them and close my eyes, it's been the same since we started from the Palace, she has been scolding him like a big sister and he is ignoring her.

"I think we are enough far away from the palace," Ahana breaks the silence and looks back at me from the mirror and I open my eyes, to look outside and realize, that indeed we were now far enough from the Palace.

"Thank you, you were a big help today, can I just change my clothes at your house? Then I'll be on my way," I say to Ahana as she looks at me curious.

"Of course, but this was so unexpected Princess Maithili and-"

"Please, just call me Maithili," I stop her midway and she smiles nodding her head.

"Of course, Maithili," Ahana corrects herself and continues, "I was saying this was so unexpected, I mean you running away from the wedding, and how did you meet Aarav?" she asks at the end and I look towards Aarav who was now looking outside, but I realize he was listening to Ahana.

"We met in my room," I answer and Ahana looks at Aarav shocked.

"In a room?" Ahana asks me, but I realize her question was mostly directed to her best friend.

"I was searching for sweets," Aarav answers and I realize he was gritting his teeth as he answered.

"In a room?" Ahana repeats.

"Would you stop saying it like that? I will tell you later," Aarav tells her, and she ignores him looks back at me, and smiles.

"Sorry for that," she mutters and stops the car, "Are you hungry?" she asks looking back at me and I see we've stopped in front of a cafe.

"Yes," I almost said with so much enthusiasm that I was embarrassed but it looked like they didn't care.

"Cool, I'll go get something to eat, Aarav you stay in the car with her," Ahana says and my eyes go towards him who looks back at me at that.

"What would you like to eat?" he asks as I see Ahana going inside the cafe and I look at Aarav.

"A salad will be good," I say to Aarav, this is what I have been eating for the last two years, since I was preparing to get married to the Prince, I had to maintain my weight and that means my preparation for diet had already begun.

"And?" Aarav asks and I shake my head.

"Only salad," I answer and he looks at me as if I am mad.

"I thought you were hungry,"

"I'm hungry,"

"Then who eats salad when they're hungry?" he asks astonished.

"I do," I say and see him shake his head as he picks up his phone and dials someone.