Changes

(Song belongs to creator. If it doesn't show again the song used for the setting is Infinity by Jaymes Young.)

As yet another year passes, Goku Black's relentless erasure of your nightly memories remains undetected by you and the rest, allowing Black to revel in his successful manipulation of your mind. However, his insatiable desires no longer find satisfaction in this mental intimacy alone.

He continues to observe you and Zamasu, witnessing the depth of your love and the care you shower upon your children. These glimpses of your happiness should be enough to quell his obsession, but the twisted desires within him are like impenetrable vines, refusing to release their grip.

One day, you approach Black as he seeks solace in a secluded spot, away from prying eyes. Carefully, you take a seat beside him, both of you gazing at the worlds beyond.

"You've made progress, I must admit, but it's clear that you're still struggling with all of this," you remark, breaking the silence.

Black scoffs softly, his voice dripping with disdain. "Ah, so you've finally noticed? How astute of you," he sneers, his words laced with bitterness.

You let out a gentle sigh, your heart aching at the depth of Black's despair. Despite the pain he has caused, you can't help but empathize with his longing for something more. You reach out, placing a hand on his arm, hoping to offer some comfort.

"It does matter, Black. Your journey to become a true God of Destruction is not in vain," you say softly, your voice filled with sincerity. "I see the changes in you, the growth. You're becoming more patient, less reactive to every little thing. That's progress, and it's a good thing."

Black avoids your gaze, his shoulders sagging slightly under the weight of his emotions. "What does it matter?" he mutters, his voice tinged with resignation. "I used to believe that having a utopia all to myself would bring me peace, a paradise of tranquility. But then I met you... I realized that I wanted to share that utopia with you, to witness you bring forth the very paradise I desired. I wanted to revel in the true beauty of the multiverse, untouched by mortals. But now, it all means nothing. Without you, I would be the God of absolutely nothing..."

Your heart softens as you listen to his words, understanding the depth of his longing. You squeeze his arm gently, offering a glimmer of hope. "Black, maybe there's still a way for you to find meaning beyond our connection. Perhaps there's a path where you can create your own paradise, one that doesn't rely solely on me. We can find a way to make it work, to find fulfillment for both of us."

Black's eyes flicker with a mix of hope and uncertainty, his guard momentarily lowered. "Do you truly believe that?" he asks, his voice laced with a hint of vulnerability.

You nod, a small smile tugging at the corners of your lips. "I do. We just need to explore new possibilities, together."

"Who knows, maybe your perspective on mortals will change if you happen to encounter the right one," you say softly, your voice filled with genuine belief that there is someone out there who could capture Black's heart and bring healing to his soul.

However, Black leans his head back with an annoyed grumble, clearly resistant to the idea.

"Or perhaps another immortal being who isn't a god. There could be someone," you continue, injecting a touch more hope into your words.

Black turns his head to look at you, his eyebrow raised in curiosity. "You say that so easily. Why?" he questions, his voice tinged with skepticism.

You shrug gently, a small smile playing on your lips. "Well, because the possibilities are endless, you know? When we first met, you believed I was a mortal too. It just goes to show that there could be someone out there who captures your heart, and you wouldn't even realize it until it happens." You gaze back out at the vast expanse of the sky. "As you continue your journey, learning which planets need to be destroyed, you might unexpectedly encounter a single individual who touches your soul in ways you never thought possible. A connection that transcends all expectations," you explain, a glimmer of hope in your eyes.