16. Suicide Attempts & Baby Momma Drama

A quick A/N: I just now realized that the Rap Olympics Eminem participated in was also being held in Los Angeles, so technically, him and Jordyn could easily have been there for each other being that they would be in the same exact city at the same time. But because for the dramatic purposes of this to work, I need them to be in two different towns, we would pretend that the Rap Olympics was being held in New York or something 😫

Oh, and also if y'all haven't already realized from the title of this chapter, *trigger warning* for an implied suicide attempt...

---

Jordyn's P.O.V.

So, after Marshall and I have finally finally made it official, we didn't even get to spend all that much time together as a couple, because the next thing both of us knew, I had to fly out to LA to record my demo, and Marshall was headed to the Rap Olympics.

I hated to be separated from him, but then, I also had to think about myself as Savannah kept reminding me, and Marshall had seconded that as well. Still, I knew how much that Rap competition meant to him and how much he had riding on it.

He'd been in a real funk lately, to be honest.

What with Kim keeping him away from Hailie completely the last few week and all. That was truly cruel of her, but Marshall and I both knew the main reason for that was probably because she was angry with him for that whole '97 Bonnie & Clyde song that was currently gathering air play on various local Detroit radio stations.

Marshall came to see me at my house that day, telling me how the song was taking off, and I was honestly so ecstatic for him!!

Then, I also learned that Kim wasn't though. And that she was using the song as an excuse to keep Marshall away from his own daughter, going so far as applying for a restraining order, claiming that she was scared for her life, siting his sing lyrics.

And the while thing was killing Marshall. Even if he would try to play it off like it wasn't, I could see it right through him just how hurt he was.

And now the whole Rap Olympics thing was his only hope. Apparently, there was a pretty large cash prize promised to the winner. As well as a golden Rolex watch, which Marshall couldn't care less about. But he did need that money though.

He couldn't stop talking about how he could put it to good use. Buy more studio time with it. As well as maybe bribe Kim a little bit. Soften her up by showing her he could finally take care of Hailie financially, prove to her that he could provide for his daughter after all.

And yet, he ended up losing.

Coming in in 2nd place, which honestly seemed like plain robbery to me.

And the way I've learned about it, was when Proof called me.

I was just at the studio, putting finishing touches on one of my own songs with my sound engineer, when my phone rang.

"Yo, Jordyn, I know you are busy and all girl, but I jusy needed to let you know," Proof tells me, "that Marshall is in the hospital right now."

I remember feeling like my whole world stopped.

I couldn't even concentrate on what I was just doing any longer.

"Proof, what's happened to him?" I ask frantically, running my fingers through my frizzy hair, attempting to arrange it in a messy bun on the top of my head while balancing the small flip phone in between me shoulder and ear.