18. Bright Yellow Suits, Hair Bleach & Hit Singles

Marshall's P.O.V.

Sitting next to my girl at the airplane that's about to take off, heading from Detroit to Los Angeles, I still can't believe this shit, to be honest.

I mean, it was a given that Jo would have to go back there. She needs to keep working on her debut record after all, and she's already missed enough days on that, being stuck back in the D, babysitting my stupid ass. Luckily though, the producers on her label ain't really held it against her once she explained to them that she's had an emergency back at home, just told her to hurry up back when she could.

But I never thought I would be going with her.

Let alone WHY I would be going with her.

To meet with Dr Dre himself, the man I had fucking looked up to and admired for so many years, and discuss possibly signing with him and his label.

Now, obviously, it ain't a done deal just yet and so many motherfucking things have the potential to go wrong. Just cause let's face it, I ain't never had no goddamn luck in life. Whenever I so much as think that I'm finally catching a break, some shit always goes left for me, fucking it all up for me. So why would this be any different, right?!

Jordyn told me not to think like that though. She's told me to think positive for once.

Her and this dude Paul Rosenberg whom I've met a few days ago that for whatever reason has decided that he wanted to manage my career for me have both been telling me that.

Paul said to me that he sees something in me. He still don't know about my suicide attempt though. Wonder if he would still decide to invest his time in me if he did know though.

But right now, he's on the plane with us too. If Dr Dre does decide to sign me then imma need a manager helping me up to see if it's really a good deal, even though frankly, I would fuckung tell anything Dre gives me at this point.

Just please man let me catch this fucking break.

For once in my goddamn motherfucking life, let shit not fuck up and fail for me...

"Marshall, you will be fine," Jordyn says to me, bringing me out of my not necessarily positive thoughts right now.

I look wearily at her. Either this girl can read my mind sometimes or I am really that much of a train wreck right now and it's that fucking obvious.

"You will do just fine. And Dr Dre would love you, I just know it," she continues.

The plane starts taking off and I feel a weird clogging sensation in my ears. This is probably like either the 3rd or the 4th time I've ever had to fly out somewhere in my life and I can't lie, I don't think imma ever get used to the feeling of being up in air like that. Shit is not comfortable at all.

"Ya think he would like me, baby?" I now ask Jordyn, hating how much I need reassurance right now, but can't help myself in this moment.

"Marshall, he would freaking love you," she smiles and leans close to me, kissing my lips quickly before pulling away. She grabs my hand in hers and intervenes my fingers.

"He might not love what you have on right now though," she then mumbles, pursing her lips slightly.

This girl just can't help herself, I guess. She just has to be all sincere about the shit and tell me the truth about how she feels, and the truth is that she doesn't like this bright yellow jumpsuit I've got on right now at all. We damn near had a fight about it prior to getting on the plane as a matter of fact. She wasn't having it all all, but I've decided to be a stubborn ass motherfucker about it too. I can be one when I really want to.