William James Moriarty

//Full disclaimer guys:
I fucking hate this chapter.
I think it's shit and sucks.
I know I shouldn't say that before (or at all) a chapter but I feel it's important.
To be fully honest it's hard to write romance for William and Sherlock because it's cannon they're asexual and aromatic.
They don't do relationships(especially with woman).
This chapter idea popped into my head from a random thing I muttered out loud.
"Sherlock made me forget my plan for a moment but you reminded me why I must see it through to the end."
But if you enjoy it thank you so much and I appreciate you.
And if you hate it too please tell me lol
I need to know.
Sorry this is so long, onto the story.

They met at the library when they were young.
She was a noble who often snuck out to read and play with peasant children.
Her maid was kind enough to keep the secret and informed the lord and lady of the house that their daughter was educating herself so they needn't worry.
(Y/n) found the two blonde boys reading a Latin book and asked to join them.
The older boy smiled and moved over so she could sit between them.
The maid kept a lookout.
This was the start of a beautiful friendship and she visited them whenever she got a chance.
Without realizing it, (Y/n) became very important to the boys, especially the oldest.
He imagined a pure world and (Y/n) was given a front row seat to the show.

Unfortunately as the years flew by they developed feelings, but they both knew they couldn't be together.
It would ruin the plan.
So they both buried their feelings.
When Sherlock came into the picture everything changed.
"Sherlock made me forget my plan for a moment but you reminded me why I must see it through to the end."
"William, please don't do this alone."
"Everything's changed now. I won't drag them to hell with me. And you will remain on your throne watching this country purify right before your eyes."
"That's not fair. You can't put me on a pedestal, Will. I'm guilty too. I am in love with the Lord of Crime and the nobleman pulling the strings. Why should we suffer alone?"

"Sherlock will know everything when it comes time for the final problem. He will bring to light the sins of not only this country but us as well. In my own selfishness I have left you out of it. I never let you join missions, I never put your name on anything. I deliberately forced you at arms length so I could have one piece of me remain."
"But your ideals, the pure country goal, it will live on. That is a piece of you that lives within all those in the Moriarty plan, not just me."
"Then I wish for you to keep a piece of me I couldn't give them. My heart is yours (Y/n)."

(Y/n) inhales sharply then scoffs. "You selfish child. Now you're just being cruel. You push me away then tell me to have your heart."
William looks away, smiling gently. "Do you remember when we met?"
The woman looks at him confused but smiles. "Of course. I had just turned 6, same age as Lou. We spent hours reading that day."
"Yes. And do you remember what I told you before you left?" William inquires, turning back to the woman.
(Y/n) frowns and looks away. "You promised one day we could have a happy little family someday. I blushed profusely, taking that as a future marriage proposal and insurance we'd have children when we grew up. My father asked what had happened to make me so giddy."
"I confess at the time it was not my intention to mislead you but I couldn't bring myself to correct the situation. And the more time we spent together the more that future appealed to me, having a family with you."

After a long pause (Y/n) smiles weakly and turns back to the blonde.
"But all of that is gone now. Sherlock will join you on that bridge and I will watch my love die."
"Yes, your love must die. And the future I imagined for us will die along with it."
Tears stream down her cheek but she laughs through the pain.
"William James Moriarty... the Lord of Crime. I will protect your heart until the day I die. Just swear to me that you do love me. Swear that in another life we could be happy together."
William takes her hand and smirks, kissing her knuckles. "In another life Sherly and I would sit and be friends, and you would sit beside me as my lover."