Chapter 1: My New Team

Satoshi's p.o.v (age 12) (Pic above)

I was walking the streets of Konoha heading towards the academy with my best friend Sasuke. I'm glad he never pushed me away like he did with the people around him. Even though he acts way different than he was when we were kids, I stayed by his side and supported him, but I secretly thought it was a horrid thing to try and kill your brother despite what he did. I mean he spared Sasuke, his little brother, I think there is some meaning behind it, but I won't go too into it. 

I greeted the villagers and shinobi's on the way to the academy. Once we got there, we sat at our usual spot. We were always the first one's in the academy so it was pretty empty, not even Iruka-sensei was here. We waited patiently and the room soon filled up with all the children.

They all chatted with their shinobihitai-ate's. Today was the day we'll be assigned to our new sensei and team. I wasn't all that nervous and sat there calmly. The girls looked our way with heart eyes, which always made me feel uneasy. I don't really like to be stared down, it made me feel small. Shifting uncomfortably in my seat, I set my gaze to the front of the class, ignoring their stares.

A few minutes went by and Iruka-sensei came in making the students take their seats Naruto sat beside me much to Sakura's distaste but she left it alone.

"Alright! It's time to announce the teams! Firstly, I would like to congratulate yo-"

I tuned out Iruka-sensei and took out my make-out paradise book. Usually at this age you would think this book is disgusting, but to me, it was a good book. Plus my brother got me into these... not much of a good influence if you ask me.

As Iruka announced the teams, I felt like I was being watched. I looked away from my book and looked at the back of the room to the right and glared at it. To others, it would look like I'm just glaring at nothing, but I know I'm being watched.

"And because we have an odd number of students. There will be a team of four. That team is Team 7, it consists of Sakura Haruno, Naruto Uzumaki-"

"I'm doomed..." Sakura murmured.

"YES!" Naruto shouted happily.

"Sasuke Uchiha-"

"I'm doomed..." Naruto murmured this time.

"YES!" Sakura exclaimed.

"And Satoshi Hatake."

"YES!" Sakura shouted once more.

"WHAT! NOW I HAVE TO DEAL WITH TWO ARROGANT PRICKS?!" Naruto yelled. "IRUKA-SENSEI, WHY DOES A STUDENT LIKE ME HAVE TO HAVE THOSE TWO IN MY TEAM?!"

'Me? A prick? I never did anything to Naruto...'

"Because Naruto, Sasuke and Satoshi had the highest scores in the class! As for you, you had the lowest score in the class!" Iruka retorted.

The class erupted in laughter as I still glared at the same spot of the room. I then felt a nudge on my left side and it happened to be Sasuke. I looked at him with a confused look as he spoke up.

"Did you even listen to the team call outs, loser?" he said bluntly.

"Yeah, I did..."

He grunted in response as it was now lunch time. Sasuke and I went to his place which is like a small apartment. We then silently ate our onigiri, just enjoying each other's company.

Hokage's p.o.v

We were observing the children in my glass orb. Every student there was interesting in their own ways. The orb landed on Sasuke as Kurenai spoke up.