Chapter 24: War is Coming

Maasaki's p.o.v

A month had passed and it has been very eerie in the base. Everyone had been killed off except for me, Obito, and Zetsu. We had Sasuke and his team for a bit, but they left. Well, I technically aided them in their escape. However, Obito doesn't know that, and I made sure Zetsu wouldn't be able to find out either.

Sasuke seems to not know about his best friend's death. Obito told him everything about Itachi and the reasons for his actions, but not once did he ever talk about Satoshi.

Sasuke still believes that Satoshi is still alive and well. I wish I could tell him of Satoshi's recent passing, but he might go on a rampage and that could make me lose Obito's trust. If he didn't want to spill something like that, then he was using it as a plan.

"Maasaki..." a lovely voiced chimed in.

"What is it?" I said irritated.

"We have company.." he said.

I arched my eyebrow. "Who?"

"Hello, Maasaki." a devilish voice said.

A person walked in front of Obito making me scowl at the sight of them.

"Why is he here?" I sneered.

"Kabuto has a proposition for us." he said.

"And what would that be?"

"I could explain it, but how about I show it to you both?" he said.

Obito and I looked at each other unsure and looked back at Kabuto who began to weave out some signs.

"EDO TENSEI!"

The ground began to look as if it were about to break apart to allow something out of the ground and that's when these coffin like things came out. Their lids opened up and it revealed to be our dead members.

However, I didn't see Hidan, Konan, Kisame, and Satoshi. Weird, I would think he could have summoned Satoshi at least... could he not get his DNA?

"You can have these members of yours back, if you allow me to join in on this war." he said with a smirk.

"You're wasting our time.." Obito said.

Kabuto didn't look very pleased until a smirk plastered his face once more. "Maybe this will change your minds."

He summoned out another coffin, but what it revealed to be made both Obito and I wide eyed. The person before us was the Madara Uchiha!

"Fine, you may join us in this war." Obito said. "But try anything funny-"

"You can trust me.." he said with a smile.

The coffins, then disappeared back into the ground, along with their bodies.

"I have a question for you, Kabuto." I said.

"And what would that be?" he asked.

"Were you not able to gather Satoshi's DNA?" I asked.

"Funny that you ask that.." he said. "It isn't because I couldn't retrieve his DNA, but it seems that something was protecting him from getting his DNA extracted."

'I see, if I remembered exactly, Purazuma is preserving his master's body. The sword uses its remaining life source to become a seal until they find a new host.'

"I found it very odd, but there was nothing I could do to retrieve it." he said.

"How tragic.." I said. "Guess we'll have to do this the hard way..."

"You two." Obito said. "Get ready, because the war is nearing very soon.."

Obito left in the direction of the base, while Kabuto went in the other direction. I however, stood my ground just watching the two villains with my eyes. Despite them playing a big role in the war and that I would love to tear them to shreds when it goes on, I would have to say that the biggest threat is not amongst us.

The man who you would think is nothing but a pawn. But that pawn, is the one who is truly pulling the strings...

Zetsu

A/N: Yes, yes, I know. This chapter is fairly short but that is because it's leading up to the big event~