Epilogue: The Aftermath

Kakashi's p.o.v

Four years had passed since the war. And because of it, Satoshi got his dream to come true. The five great nations had come together, but of course, rogue ninja's thought otherwise. When the war ended, Obito was the only Akatsuki member to live and was brought into questioning. He was doing his sentence in prison for the past years, but was recently brought out of it when they needed his help.

Obito had forgiven me for Rin's death and he had apologized many times for Satoshi's. He claims that he probably drove him insane with all the verbal and physical abuse. He tried to unlock the final stage to his eyes, but Satoshi always remained calm which wasn't the result he wanted. 

Everyday I would see hundreds of people giving flowers to Satoshi. When Obito told the truth of his story, many were unsure, however, at the time, there were some people who believed it.

The day when those small groups of people would pray to Satoshi's grave begging for forgiveness, others would watch them. Their eyes told you that they wished to join and give peace to the child they once saw grow. When someone who didn't believe the story gave up and joined, the others followed. So day by day, the villagers and every shinobi in the village would pay their respects hoping that he would one day forgive them.

I was quite amazed with how they did this everyday. Even the historians recorded both his and Itachi's stories for the next generation of shinobis' to know what it truly means to be a Leaf Shinobi. 

All the old genin teams who were now in their early twenties were finding purpose in their lives. Some wanted to settle down, while others wanted to continue to serve the Leaf and not think of love at the moment. But that was alright, I mean not even I had the decency to settle down yet. I chuckled, father and mother must be yelling at me by now.

Throughout the years after the war, many people don't know about the blue haired boy, Maasaki. Those who did would argue about not knowing, "He who dwelled in evil brought life, along with the angel." Those people who witnessed both Satoshi and Maasaki would try to over exaggerate their stories as if they were folklores. Then the stories of how I was the brother of Satoshi spread around, and how Obito was Maasaki's partner in crime, making large crowds come our way.

The Leaf became a tourist sighting of the two. Many ninja's from near and far would visit to hear their stories and why they did what they did. The people especially loved Maasaki. No one really knew his story. It made him mysterious and it encouraged people to try and find out his own reasoning. The only information of Maasaki was that he was born in Kirigakure. So I suppose that Kiri had also become a tourist site as well. Because we were the two major villages that attracted others to visit, in the middle of our village, there were statues of the two, smiling at the newcomers.

Man, if Satoshi and Maasaki saw how much people viewed them today, they'd be very happy. I can just see them now, seeing how they acted on that battlefield. Maasaki would probably smile like a goon, coming up with something cheesy while Satoshi would just shake his head, calling him an idiot. Ha-ha, just thinking about it makes me wonder how they would get a fan base this huge. If only they knew how they truly were on the battlefield, talking like there wasn't even a war going on. But that could be because they knew they were powerful. Well, in my opinion.

Are you two happy up there? Do you guys see what's happening down here? Maasaki, you better annoy Satoshi about this now. I want him to know the happiness for what has happened here. I wonder, do you guys here our thoughts? I really hope so. I hope you guys always hear the apologies Obito say to the both of you. 

He wishes to make it up for you two, but seeing that you're both gone from the world, the only way he can make you forgive him is to keep you company by your statues. Despite what he's done, he has helped us in so many ways during his short release. He said he no longer wants to be Hokage, but instead be the one who carries out your dreams.

Satoshi, Sasuke misses you dearly, along with his brother. Do you see him up there with you? Sasuke always reminisce the times when the Leaf had both you and his brother with him. He claims that he'll protect the Leaf village with his life, despite what they did to the two of you. I guess you can say that he's carrying off that duty from you guys and putting it on himself. 

Sometimes I'd catch him mumbling to himself, praying you two to give him strength and the will he needs to keep on fighting. After praying, he'd stuff a picture of you, itachi, and himself when you were all very young into his pocket. I see him taking it out during a long mission. So please, you and Itachi, keep a close eye on him and make sure you cheer at his newly found path.

Naruto thinks about both you and Maasaki. Everytime he makes a tough decision, he'd always hum to himself and mumble asking what would either of you choose. I found it quite hilarious when he did so. It could be a decision of which path to choose or deciding between two different types of ramen. He believes that because the two of you made such rash decisions, he wanted to think more about hard decisions in his life that could come up at any time. So, he was practicing.. in a way.

He had also said that when he becomes Hokage, he'd make everyone in the shinobi world remember those who fought and died with honor whether it was before or after the war. He wanted everyone to know why these shinobi's and kunoichi's fought for something they believed in. Are you happy about that? I hope so, it's something everyone is looking forward for. Everyone will see and read what those ninja's have done for their village and their legacy will go on.

Sakura, well, there's not much going on with her. She trains harder than before, but I won't go into it. If I can remember, you weren't very fond of Sakura, even as a child.

Me, however, I try my best not to mope around about being alone, just like you wanted. I do it less, but I still have my moments where I wish you were just beside me like the good old days. I want to train with you, read our books together, and make Gai's smile fall apart whenever we'd make witty remarks at him. I want all of that back. But I guess I can't have the things I love, because in the end they're always gone. But at least Obito is back here in the Leaf with me right? So I'm not completely alone. But I-

"Oi! Earth to Kakashi!" Obito said, waving his hand close to my face.

"Huh?" I said, dazed.

"Honestly, you can't pay attention for one second can you?" he sighed.

I chuckled nervously. "I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"I was talking about the mission we are going to be sent to.. like, right now." he said.

"O-Oh, right! I knew that!"

"Sure you did, now, let's go already!" he said, pushing me towards the gates.

"I'm going, I'm going!"

So tell me, Satoshi, Maasaki, how do you feel about the new shinobi world? It's a new world who misses you two dearly.