Chapter 3: The Chunin Exams (Part 1)

Satoshi's p.o.v

Today was the day of the chunin exams. I wasn't particularly nervous, but it would finally be the day where I had interacted with my team again. Sasuke kept glaring daggers at me, Naruto was of course clueless to the whole thing, and Sakura was acting nervous about the whole exam.

We were making our way to where the first part of the exam was being held. As we were walking, there seemed to be a disturbance in front of us. There was a girl I remember with twin buns on her hair, she tried to get into a room where two familiar people blocked the door.

One of the boys had knocked her down and was about to strike again until a well known bushy eyebrow guy with a green jumpsuit stood in front of the blow and blocked it easily. I watched silently as Sasuke tells off about the genjutsu that was placed since we were on the second floor.

Me feeling a bit irritated about waiting, I left my team behind as they talked to that green monster and his team. I make it to the third floor and there stood Kakashi waiting by the door. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Where is the rest of the team?" he asked.

"Fighting with the bushy idiot."

Knowing exactly who I was talking about, Kakashi nodded.

"So... anything new with you?"

I sighed. He's trying to make small talk with me... But I can see it, he suspects something is wrong.

"Nothing new really... just the same boring routine."

He grunted in response as we awkwardly stood there. The atmosphere felt a bit tense and I didn't like it at all. It makes me feel all queasy. A few moments later, my team finally showed up. I mentally sighed in relief knowing the tension is going to die down. But I was wrong, as my brother congratulated us, both Sasuke and he had been eyeing me the whole time.

I shifted uncomfortably under their gaze and immediately walked into the classroom, and boy was there a lot of people here. I was soon brought away from their gazes by Naruto greeting those we used to be in class with.

Just then a loud voice, came crashing in.

"Oh Sasuke! I haven't seen you in forever! Did you miss me?"

I looked over to the sound and seen it was Ino.

"Oh Satoshi-kun!~ You're here as well! I missed you!"

Ino then latched onto my arm and snuggled into it making me have a scowl on my face.

"YOU INO-PIG, GET OFF OF SATOSHI-KUN!" Sakura shouted.

"MAKE ME BILLBOARD BROWS!"

Ino and Sakura then began to bicker at one another throwing insults after insults. My left eye twitched a bit due to feeling a bit irritated by the situation. I was going to put an end to all of this nonsense until a guy with silver hair and glasses spoke up.

"You newbies should quiet down. You don't want to get them angry." he said.

I looked at him a bit suspicious by his looks. He wore the Konoha hitai-ate, but I don't recognize him at all. I know basically every here in the village! I even know the people in ROOT! Sure, I know they never gave me their real names, but I know them... I'll just have to keep my eyes on him.

I ignore the silver haired kid and leaned on a wall with my arms crossed. I watched him as he eyed me down. I narrow my eyes at him and scoffed. He smirked at me as he returned his attention to the crowd he was receiving from my team and former classmates.