Chapter 30: Embracing the Adachi Side

Satoshi's p.o.v

"Have a seat." my father said.

He patted his hand onto the earthy soil. I walked over to him and took a seat. My father's eyes were watching me as if he were judging me. Despite me being angry about what he did, I was a bit afraid of his presence. 

"There must be many questions that are filling your head." he said. "Why I left you, where did I go, how I died, and who are you exactly. And for these purposes, I was stuck in limbo because I couldn't move on until I told you what I've wanted to say."

He paused and took a deep breath.

"The day your mother gave birth to you, I was ecstatic to see you into this world. But because of who I was and the status I possessed, I couldn't be seen with either of you." he said. 

"What was your status?" I asked.

"I was the clan leader."

"So you left the both of us over a clan status?" I said getting a bit angry.

"I understand that you may be angry with my decision, but I assure you that this was for your own good." he said.

"Explain."

"If my clan were to ever find out that there was a child that held our blood lineage and wasn't a pure blood, they would be executed at once. I didn't want that to be your fate." he said.

"But you could have changed the rules. You were the clan leader!"

"Even so, as a clan leader, we had limited powers. Our clan worked differently than others. But enough of the clan, when I had left both you and your mother, that didn't mean I didn't come to see you two from time to time."

He then looked at the ground and smiled to himself and chuckled.

"I remember how happy I was when I watched you grow up. You were always so curious with everything you saw."

"I want answers, not a memory lane." I said bluntly.

I know I'm being harsh to my own father, but he deserves it.

He coughed. "Of course.. when I left the two of you, I stayed in my compound in hopes they never find out about a child with the Adachi blood. But of course, they had caught on."

He took another deep breath.

"When they found out our blood has been passed on to a female who gave birth, they went out to search for her and dispose of both her and her child."

"I'm guessing this is my mother.." I said.

"Yes, now, for a year, I hid the two of you from regions there were searching in. I would send them off to areas far away from your location. However, they had found your mother's location and she hid you." he said. "I guess this is where you will know that was the end of your mother. But they never found the child. Annoyed and angry, they returned to the compound and told me of this news. Although, they came back with an offering."

"Offering?"

"The offering to our ancestors. The head of the birth giver." he answered.

"Th-that's inhumane!" I said.

"Yes, but it was a symbol to forgive the sins of one of our own. But technically, we're supposed to have both the birth giver, and the bastard child's heads to the gods." he said.

"Did you let them kill her?" I asked shakily.

"No, I would never do that." he said truthfully. "I loved your mother very much. That night where they had killed your mother, was the day they snuck out to go into places they haven't visited before."