Chapter 19: How Convenient...

Satoshi's p.o.v

"Are we almost there Satoshi?" Maasaki whined.

"I don't know, Maasaki." I said bitterly. "We don't even know where this beast is to begin with."

"Let's go that way then!" he said.

"Fine.."

We walked towards the east and just continued our search for the three-tailed beast. I was walking a bit behind him, letting him take the lead as I stared at the back of Maasaki's head..

"You okay Satoshi?" he asked ad he slowed down to match my pace.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" I said.

"Well, because you always take the lead when we go on missions." he said.

"I'm just feeling a bit groggy today is all..." I lied.

"You wanna take a break?" he suggested.

"No.. I'll be fine. Let's just find the jinchuriki so we can leave." 

"Alright, just tell me when you get tired!"

Maasaki skipped ahead me as I stared at the back of his head again. I was far too curious about Maasaki that everything he did, I had eyed him carefully to make sure nothing out of the ordinary happens. But he doesn't seem to notice about my behavior seeing that I'm always very cautious to my surroundings. 

"Satoshi!" he whispered. "Look! Down there!"

Maasaki crouched down behind a bush and peered off to the side. I sighed to myself and joined the blue haired traitor, hiding my chakra signature. I looked down to see a lake. However, we weren't alone... down below, was Kabuto along with a few others.

Kabuto... I dislike him due to personal issues when I had encountered him in the past. He was strange and very sinister. But putting all that aside, it seemed that Kabuto told a young boy to release all of his chakra seeing that I can sense a lot of chakra in the air. Just then, something large began to emerge from the lake, making Maasaki and I surprised by the sudden shake the beast gave with a hearty roar.

"Wanna go take them out Satoshi?" Maasaki asked.

"No..." I said. "More people are coming.."

"So we're going to wait for the outcome?"

"Precisely."

The beast used a water technique to push away its attackers. I was quite amazed by this beast, seeing that it didn't have a host.  But that was going to be quite difficult on our part. It's much easier to take down a jinchuriki than the beast itself. Well, that's my opinion. 

"We should have brought Deidara with us." I mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Maasaki asked. "He's right he-"

"I've brought Deidara.." Zetsu said, popping out of the ground. "And Tobi, just like you've asked."

"YAY!" Tobi shouted.

"Shut it Tobi!" Deidara shouted quietly. "They're crouching for a reason! So keep quiet! Un."

Zetsu then disappeared into the ground, leaving me there questioning Maasaki..

"How did you know we'd need Deidara?" I asked Maasaki suspiciously.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I just wanted someone fun to talk to."

"Then why bring Tobi for?"

"For experience." Maasaki said.

'He's such full of shi-'