Twelve

It wasn't difficult to travel between the realms. At least not with the full blood of a giant.

The Asgardians, however, weren't blessed with such an ability. Not even Odin himself.

And yet Tyr managed to do it with such ease that he was almost able to keep up with you.

"You are getting better every time, lord Tyr!", you cheered as your feet finally had solid ground underneath again. "You almost caught up to me."

A chilly breeze stroked your back. It sounded as if the wind tore apart. Then a shadow fell onto you and Tyr appeared from thin air.

With a chuckle he stretched his arms and lowered his stance. He moved his hands with the wind, slid to the side and struck a pose.

With a smile you watched him. He always did this strange moves whenever he arrived in a new world. It was as if he tried to become one with the wind.

"Join me.", he requested as you had just sat down.

"You know I have no sense for this.", you said with a smile and pulled out a notebook to start a portrait of him in this calm moment. "But I'd be happy to watch."

With a hum, he raised his foot and stomped on the ground. The force that it held made the grass shiver and the wind vibrate.

"If one is at ease with their body, the mind will follow, Helchild.", Tyr closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Your mind is only as strong as your body and your body only as strong as your mind."

You guided the pencil to form lines that combined to resemble his face, the messy hair and beard.

"I would dare to say that my mind is of strong origin, lord Tyr.", you replied and stopped to look up and check how you should continue to picture him. "The body, however... Well, it has been better once."

A strong wind chased across the land. Grass tingled and crystal clear river beds threw waves.

With the gentlest of touch did a breeze stroke your (S/C) cheek and made it beam with heat as you looked up once more to meet his golden gaze by accident.

"I always wondered how you truly look like.", Tyr suddenly said and kneeled down in front of you. "It makes me feel closer to you how that I was allowed to have a glimpse at it."

His hand lay on the bandage. It was a soft touch, caring and comforting. It felt like he truly treasured it that you had asked him for help instead of locking him out.

You weren't afraid of him. There was trust between the two of you.

It was something precious.

Unable to speak, you kept eye contact with him. The hint of a smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

It made you feel like your head was on fire.

As it started to feel like your head was about to burst and make the feeling of flattery visible all over your face, you turned away and closed the notebook with a sigh.

"I cherish your friendship, lord Tyr.", you grabbed his hand with both of yours, barely able to fully cover it. "But I also want to remind you that I am at your mercy."

"I assure you there is nothing to fear.", with his free hand he grabbed your cheek to make you lock eyes with him once more. "I've betrayed your people because it was fates will. However... no. Never mind."

His gaze left you, wandered across the wide lands and rested on the horizon for a bit before he glanced down on you again with a somewhat heavy expression.

Confused, you tilted your head in worry.

"Lord Tyr?", your hands rose to grab his face in a gentle manner. "It's not that I take this without a grain of salt. You did drive my people into misery."

"It will forever be my burden to bear."

"Then, even if I cannot give you peace of mind, let me at least tell you that, as the individual that I am, I cherish you. Only the giant in me takes it with a grain of salt."

Without thinking you pulled him into a hug, your arms wrapped around his neck. With a sigh, you closed your eyes and buried your face in the crotch of his neck, right where the long strands of his hair and beard drew together.

He smelled so calm and relaxing. Almost like a hot cup of tea on a rainy day, a warm blanket in front of a fireplace in the deepest of winter.

Almost immediately he bend down to lock you in his arms as well. You could feel the power that slumbered in his biceps. The beating of his heart pressed into yours and formed an even rhythm.

"Helchild...", he breathed into your ear, but it sounded so pressed, as if his mind was in a totally different place in that moment.

A smile made its way to your face.

"You may call me by my name, lord Tyr.", you said as you pulled back and gifted him an even wider, brighter smile.

Ever since you had met for the very first time he made you feel light, perhaps even happy. But in that moment there was also something else.

Even though you were used to being close to him, this was different. It made you feel giddy. Almost childishly careless.

"Will you call me by my name then as well?", he asked and let the tip of his nose brush over yours.

You chuckled, for the touch of his beard tickled your airways and almost forced you to sneeze in response.

"I don't know what you mean.", you replied. "I do call you by your name."

For the first time since you knew him he rolled his eyes in annoyance and shook his head. It made the small beads in his hair tingle like bells.

"Without the complimentary title.", he said and rose to his feel, pulling you with him.

"It's a matter of respect.", you allowed him to pick you off the ground so that he could place you on his shoulders.

"Respect is a given between friends. No need for pretentiousness."

A soft breath escaped you.

"Tyr it is then."

He smiled, satisfied.

"Pleasure. (Y/N)."