Thirty-Four

A soft breeze stroked through your (H/C) hair. It felt so soft it made your nose curl and almost earned a sneeze from you.

Your body was still suffering from the influence of the Allfathers curse yet there was something soft and comforting that eased it.

Your head was popped onto something high. As you opened your eyes a crack wide you found yourself looking up at Tyr's sleeping face.

His chin rested on his wide chest, he had his eyes tightly closed while the long strands of his hair tickled your face. He was bend over you in a protective manner, his hands rested in his lap while your head lay comfortable on his crossed ankles.

A shaky breath escaped you as you saw him this way. He seemed to be at ease, comfortable. Perhaps even satisfied with how life was in that very moment.

The red silk blanket fell down to your chest as you pulled out one arm to reach up and caress his nose with the tip of your finger.

A soft sound escaped him, something between a tired hum and a sucked in breath. His eyes moved below closed lids.

"How handsome you are...", you whispered into the comfortable silence.

For a very long time you had failed to name what that thing between the two of you had been.

It was somewhat of a friendship, teasing yet laid back, with a deep meaning of understanding. Every moment had been one of support or comfort and it had been good.

But at the same time it also seemed to lack some form of intimacy to call it a relationship.

You knew very well that, when two individuals came to a mutual agreement, there was no need to say it out loud that it was indeed love. Most relationships started without one or both saying that it was, in fact, a companionship of physical affection.

And despite all the good things, the thing between you and Tyr had been unclear. Sometimes you had felt that you were even more than lovers could ever been. And the next day it had lacked even the most basic criteria of a friendship.

In this very moment though it was none of the two.

You needed him more than a friend, needed to love him deeper than just a lover. It wouldn't have been enough to be close to him. You needed to become one entirely.

"Tyr...", it slipped off your lips like a chant, like a prayer to a god that would never listen.

This time he reacted to your raspy voice. His eyes opened a crack wide to meet your gaze. A smile made its way to his lips as he realised in his sleepy mind who looked up from his lap.

"Helchild...", he hummed, still not fully awake, bend down to grab your face with both his hands and breathed a kiss to the tip of your nose.

The long, braided strand of his beard fell into your face. It was a soft touch on that cursed skin of yours. You almost missed how it made your cheek crack and drew a bit of blood.

You pulled a face, but only for a brief second, and pulled him close for a gentle kiss as he tried to pull back. His lips felt warm on yours, so harmless and soft that it might as well could have been no kiss at all.

The beating of your heart quickened. A strange kind of heat made your cheeks feel like they were glowing in the dark. It filled your head and wandered down to nestle in your chest.

"I've been feeling discomfort.", you told him as he finally managed to pull back, his eyes not leaving your face, the tender smile not fading. "But now... I think it's... better."

He listened to your words while one of his hands caressed your cheek and the other lay on your chest to have a feeling of that heartbeat of yours.

"Is it a curse?", he asked, more joking than serious, but also fully prepared to break it in case it truly was.

With a soft hum, you pressed your lips into a thin line and nodded tiredly.

"At least that's what the Allfather has said.", you told him in a snarky manner, almost amused about the fact that you had managed to slip away from his captivity. "I shall feel everything I don't want to. That is his gift to me."

"Hm...", Tyr's golden eyes wandered your body up and down before he bend over you once more to breathe a kiss to your neck.

It was a soft touch yet it made you shiver with some sort of reaction. A trembling breath escaped your lips with a gasp.

Something between your legs twitched.

"Tyr..!", you sighed and grabbed his face with both hands.

You could tell how the embarrassment grew visible on your face.

Or was it something else that lit up inside your eyes?

You were unable to tell exactly.

The smile on his lips turned into a smug smirk. Then it softened again into a smile.

"It is a rather simple kind of curse, really.", he said and let two fingers run along your neck, down to the hem of your cotton shirt where he let them rest between your collar bones. "It makes you feel what the world throws at you. Pain for pain. Stress for stress."

You frowned.

"A rather unpleasant faith.", you said. "Can it be broken?"

"It will fade over time by itself. It's not meant for eternity. For that it is too much of a lesser evil."

"So I'll just have to wait?"

Your eyes met. Something inside his seemed to he different, darker, yet not in an evil kind of way. More like he had something in mind that you failed to think about.

"If you mean the pain, no.", he bend down once more to place a kiss on your lips, more hungry this time but still quite civil. "Pleasure can be felt too. And it will stay until you feel pain once more. If you... are willing to try."

You could taste him on your lips still as he pulled back, his warm breath on your skin.

"Pleasure...", you mumbled and yearned for a kiss once more. "Brought by you?"

"If you wish so."

"Yes. I wish."