Bridge over Shadows

Twigs snapping, Guns shooting, rapid breathing. Those are the sounds that can be heard throughout the small forest, "WHERE ARE YOU SHADOW WITCH?!" include the shouting.

There's a chase happening in the forest, a group of witch hunters are hunting a witch that's considered as 'dangerous' , a Shadow witch. That witch being Kuroko Tetsuya.

In the world full of witches, Shadow witches aren't as welcomed as the other witches. Their witchcraft is considered treacherous and deadly, and honestly they're not wrong.

In the history of Shadow witches, there are those who use their power for destruction. Shadow magic is a magic that's hard to control-hard to tame because they are connected to their emotions, and emotions are very hard to control, it requires patience and acceptance. When you feel a negative emotion, shadows will act through your body and control you, acting upon your emotions. And just as how it's uncontrollable, you also become uncontrollable as soon as the shadows take over. As to why Shadow witches are being hunted across countries.

It's heartbreaking to see all of them get killed, even new-born babies who give off dark energy despite not being able to have magic yet, they hold them in a special room and lock them away from their parents until they get their witch identification. If they come out as a Shadow witch, they'd get killed instantly, regardless of how old they are.

Kuroko Tetsuya continued running away from the hunters. These hunters are no average, they're Witch hunters that can perform a magic where they can cut down the connection between your energy and the source. So using any magic against them is useless.

Tetsuya huffed, how did it come to this? Just a while ago he was out to look for plants to use for their ritual, and when he came back, their village, a village hidden away from the main city-where Shadow witches live-got slaughtered. All of them, even children were killed.

Flashbacks of him standing in front of his house and looking at his grandmother flooded in his head. His grandmother who'll sit on the rocking chair outside the house while waiting for him, was still sitting there but with a pool of blood under her, head bleeding two gunshot wounds on her chest slightly on the left side, just where the heart is located. And he didn't have time to go near her and cry-no, the hunters immediately saw him and chased him.

Now he's here hiding under a tree and trying to conceal his energy. He wants to rest, he's getting tired of all the running, he just wants to cry until he runs out of tears. Everything hurts-and he couldn't let those emotions come out, he can't cry-he can't let the shadows that he locked up in a vault years ago-come out and control him again.

They were getting better, he was getting better. There have been no reports of the village killing or rampaging inside and outside the village. They don't kill, there's even a tiny house built for teaching on how to control their shadows. All of the witches living there are so kind and the children are so respectful. So it doesn't make sense, why would they kill witches who didn't do anything wrong just because they're a shadow witch?

They didn't wish to be one. They were born with it-they didn't have a choice. He doesn't want this, Tetsuya just wanted to live a peaceful and happy life with his grandmother. His grandmother that took care of him ever since he was born, the only one he had. And now she's gone, dead.

Tetsuya bit his lip to suppress the tears that threatened to escape and calmed his heart down by taking deep breaths. He can't do this, not now. He shouldn't cry, he'd be like those Shadow witches that the hunters see.

So instead, he ran for a bit to create more distance and hid under another tree, quietly, he whispered a spell. He focused his energy onto the spell, he didn't care if the hunters could feel his energy, the more he focused on the spell the sooner it would get done.