Unknown soul

- A day after Shintarou fell unconscious -

"So I suppose all of us aren't adapted with Kuroko's energy yet." Seijuurou concluded, staring at the knocked out body of Shintarou.

It was just yesterday when Ryouta found Shintarou collapsed on the floor. They brought him to his and Daiki's room, Atsushi told them that he'll try to heal him and Seijuurou would watch over Kuroko.

Now all of them are gathered to where Shintarou is. Atsushi had told them about Shintarou's condition.

They found it strange at first considering how the doctor almost has unlimited mana, but then the practical witch told them that it was because of the new energy that's taking so long to adjust.

The purple-haired also informed them on how his mana was also draining when he used his witchcraft.

"Does that mean we can't use our witchcraft like regularly?" Taiga asked and Seijuurou nodded.

"It seems like our body is using our energy to adjust safely. Which is taking a lot more than expected." The leader sighed

"But Shintaroucchi is fine right?" Ryouta tensed

And Seijuurou's answer left him at ease, " Yes he is. His soul probably just took him in her domain to restore Shintarou's health and mana."

"I don't understand," Daiki scrunched his face, "How come we're only experiencing this now? When we all mated it was never like this."

His question brought silence in the room. All realizing and thinking about it. However, that question actually brought up a whole set of possibilities.

One, it might be because they've completed the bond with their last soulmate and this is the aftermath,

Two, it might be the opposite. The bond is unfinished, considering how they're tied to Kuroko by his soulmark energy (or his 3rd energy) rather than his natural energy.

Or three, it might be because Kuroko's energy is new to them so it's quite unknown for them. Unlike Kuroko, all of them met and spent time together a lot before they even found out that they're soulmates, meaning that their energies are used to each other.

The last possibility fits the explanation of their body still adjusting to Kuroko's mana.

However, what confuses him is the fact that not only are they adjusting to the new energy, but it's also taking away their energy at such a rapid pace.

Now all of them have undergone adjustment, yes their body takes their energy to help with the process but it never goes bad to the point that it's draining them.

Moreover, it's not just their 3rd energy that's being drained–but also their 1st energy (which is the natural energy).

Also their adjustment is unbelievably slow. Usually it only takes a day or two to be adjusted, but it's almost four days.

Unless...there's something wrong with Kuroko's energy.

Seijuurou never told the rest about why they only tied their Soulmark energy rather than Nature energy.

But if their adjusting process is slowed and it's draining them, then Kuroko's energy must be the one doing it, which should've been expected. Looking back on how his soul denied Seijuurou.

"--kashi"

"Oi Akashi!"

Taiga's voice pulled him out of his thoughts, blinking as he looked at his confused yet worried gaze.