Composures

Everything is starting to become too much. His hands trembled as he touched his lover's body, trying his best to muster his remaining power just to calm down the raging sun inside his body.

There, in the living room, were two people present. One whose back is laid flat on the sofa and one whose knees dropped on the floor, beside the couch. The one on the couch was unconscious while the other went through the pain of his very own soulmate's power as he tried to sever it down.

Either the energy belonged to the one on the couch or to the other one who's not even with them, he doesn't know.

All he knows is that all of them are in misery the same and Shintarou wanted to help all of them and save them all

But he's just one against three.

And one against himself.

Shintarou's magic is slowly fading, despite this, he still tries. Even though his body is slowly weakening, even though his hands and arms are burning from both the energy of his soulmate and his own soulmark, he tries.

And he wanted to crumble.

Because the next second he blinked, his phone rang so loud, but he didn't flinch, ears already hearing the endless soundwaves within his mind. It's even a surprise he's able to hear his phone.

However he didn't move from where he was, instead he ignored it. Focused on the body in front of him. After several rings, he ducked his head to see who was bothering him.

It was Takao.

He almost forgot there was another one to take care of, their only hope.

He gazed at Taiga's body, his aura and energy was visibly spiking, his body was still heating and so were his hands and arms.

Shintarou's mind stopped.

He knows he should be on Kuroko already, bringing him already here. But how could he when his lover is still writhing in pain?

Shintarou suddenly can't breathe.

He can calm Taiga like how he did to Ryouta for a few minutes while he was gone.

But by the time he arrived at Takao's, he won't have enough magic to heal him, to calm him.

Shintarou's vision started unfocusing, slowly drowning in the endless pit of his mind.

What should he do?

Leave his lovers and go for Kuroko? Even just for a few minutes?

But who will take care of them?

But if he didn't go to Kuroko, then who's going to calm him down when Himuro's power is barely working?

How about Akashi? WIll he be able to bring Tetsuya here alone? How will he even touch him?

But if this continues, all of them will woe.

Who? Who should he save first?

There was a distant voice, or two? He couldn't figure. He doesn't even know what he's seeing, if it's the darkness or the blurry colors and images. He's looking at the images but his mind is seeing black.

He felt himself crumble, not knowing what to do.

Until someone held his forearm, the touch wasn't anything harsh nor hard, it was firm and warm, it was enough to save Shintarou from the depth of his swarming thoughts.

"Hey, we got you, relax. You can't calm down someone when you're not even calm yourself." A raspy voice quietly whispered in his ear.

He felt a gentle hand on his head as the hands on his forearms gently moved him away from the body. Shintarou snapped his body, "Wait–Taiga is–" He tried reaching out for him but he was stopped by the warm hands that got firmer as to stop him.