Chapter 9: Sophie

I somehow managed to sleep on the hard floor. I dreamt about my friends and how they were going to save me.

I woke up when the door slammed. I tried to stand up but my wrists and ankles are chained to the floor. Ruy and Fintan were standing in front of me with wide grins on their faces. "Revenge time." Fintan said. He walked toward me carrying a hammer.

I shuddered. He got closer and smashed the hammer on the back of my calf. I cried out in pain watching the blood spill out of the black leggings and black tunic they had given me then he hit me again on my other leg, and now Ruy walked forward with a nail. He stuck it through my hand and I screamed.

This went on for 30 minutes and I was shocked that I hadn't died.

"See you tomorrow Moonlark." Ruy said happily.

My whole body ached and was bleeding or bruised. I curled up into a ball and tried to rip the part of my tunic that was underneath the my bonds. I used my other hand that didn't have a nail sticking through it to cut the piece of the tunic.

I finally ripped the part of my tunic and pulled the mail out of my hand crying out in pain. I wrapped the the piece around my hand and tied a knot.

I looked around the room trying to find things to use as a bandage when I remembered the pajamas I came here wearing. I slid across the room to the little pile of clothes I had thrown to the side thanking myself for it.

I tried to save the pajamas for when I had big injuries that were bleeding like my legs and ribs. But I still managed to conserve half of the shirt and the whole pants.

I grabbed the little piece of bread that Ruy had thrown to me when he came in earlier and nibbled on it, knowing that this was going to be a long night.