Chapter 5: Sophie

I woke up with a pounding headache. I adjusted my eyes to find myself stuck in a black room made entirely out of cement. There was one single lightbulb that lit up the room. I tried to transmit to Fitz when my head pounded in pain.

I raised my hands to my head and noticed I had an ability dampener on. I should have figured.

The metal door opened and 2 men wearing Neverseen cloaks walked in. I gulped trying to figure out who it was, but they took off their hoods. Ruy and Fintan smirked at me.

"Well well well, if it isn't our favorite little Moonlark." Ruy simpered.

"What do you want." I spat "I thought you guys were in exile and the Neverseen was long gone after Gisela's death."

Fintan gritted his teeth as if the mention of Gisela hurt him, "Gisela kept things in line. The Neverseen lives off of people who want the council gone. Not one person. You on the other hand have messed up our plan's multiple times, and now we can't have that anymore so you are going to die a slow death just like Gisela did in your hands."

I felt the blood drain from my face. "But we can't do anything to you yet. You fall into key one last time and it starts like this." He lunged forward and cut my arm with a knife.

I gritted my teeth as he wipes the blood with a white towel, staining it red. "My friends will find me."

"No they won't because we have help that your friends won't stand a chance." Ruy said. He grabbed something small from his pocket and threw it on the ground in front of me. I realized that it was bread, but I refused to touch it until they left. "Eat up, your going to need it for tomorrow." He said smirking and together him and Fintan left the room laughing the whole way out.