Chapter 23

Dad was helping me with my suitcase while I hugged Mum and Mia goodbye.

"Love you guys." I said, blowing them a kiss. "You going to stay there for a week, writing the report will probably take you a day but I want you to take some time off and relax Emily." Dad said, placing his hands on my shoulder.

"Don't you think a week is a lot, Dad?" I asked, putting my phone into my hand bag.

"No, I think you need it, and the penthouse is ready so you can go stay there. Now get out of here." He said, opening the door for me. Our butler is  taking me to my Dad's private jet.

"Okay, Dad, see you." I said, hugging him.

"Have a safe trip, I love you." He said, hugging me back.

"Love you too Dad." I got in, he closed the door for me.

My phone started ringing, shit it's Elena

"Hey, Em."

"Hey, what's up."

"Nothing. I'm just checking up on you."

"Oh, I'm good  I'm on my way to Hawaii. I have to write a report about the hotel."

"That's good."

Oh my word, this is awkward.

"Is there something you want to tell me, Emily?"

"Elena, I'll talk to you later." I said, hanging up.

We arrived. I got on the jet, and we took off.

This penthouse is so beautiful, the view everything abouts is just so perfect, this is what I really needed. Peace, but I won't get any because of Nicholas.

Why did we have to cross paths? I wish I had never met him. All these feelings I have for him are so confusing.

"Feelings suck!" I say, screaming

I'm just sick of everything, I place my feet on the coffee table and look up at the ceiling, fighting to stop the tears in my eyes from falling.

Life is so unfair. I guess happiness is not for everyone I hate crying, but here I am alone and sad. Every men I give a chance ends up betraying me.

It's really not good being alone with my thoughts they make everything worse.

I put my legs on the couch, closing my eyes as more tears rolled down my eyes.

Nick's Pov

I know Emily is going to try her best to avoid me, but I won't let that happen she's going to see whether she likes it or not, and we are going to talk.

There's no way I'm losing her

Natalie that bitch will get what she deserves.

"Elena, what if she doesn't want to speak with me or even look at me, Emily is very stubborn." I said, leaning against the Island.

"That she is." She said with her mouth full of food.

"Can you not."

"Oh, whatever, this food is so good."

"Disgusting how on earth are we related."

I walk to the fridge and take out two bottles of water and pass one to Elena.

"Thank you, Nick." She said, giving me a fake smile.

"You need to be honest about your feelings for her. Tell her exactly how you feel. Emily has been through a lot. The idea of someone loving her is crazy in her pretty little head, and she thinks you betrayed her."

"She's going to the hotel tomorrow, I'll try to get a moment with her."

"You can get stuck in the elevator with her. That way, she won't be able to escape, and you can confess to her."

"That's a wonderful idea, Elena." I said, holding her face and kissing her forehead. "Ewww, why the hell would you do that." She said, wiping her forehead with her sleeve.

"What would you do without your sister who is a genius." She said, raising her one eyebrow like she's crazy.

"Oh shut up, we need to be there before her so you better be ready in the morning." I said, walking up the stairs.

"When am I ever late, Nick? I don't take that long to get ready."

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. "You never late."

"What it's true."

"You going to be late tomorrow proving my point."

"For that I won't be." She said, smirking.

End of Pov

It was a beautiful Moday morning, and I was in a good mood. I'm not letting Nicholas ruin my day. I walked into the hotel, and everyone was greeting me as I passed them.

The manager was taking to me around the hotel showing me everything, he told me Nicholas was overseeing something else  and wouldn't join us which made my day even better.

At the end of the tour I thanked Liam and said goodbye I need write this report and send it immediately to my Dad.

Waiting for the elevator to open  I kept looking around, nodding my head. This place looks magnificent. The elevator opened the were three guys in the elevator.

The two guys standing in front greeted me. I greeted back. There was one guy in back who had his head down. I took my phone out and texted Mia.

The elevator doors opened, and the two guys got off. This hotel is really huge and it has so many floors. The elevator suddenly came to a stop. I looked up, and it was Nicholas.

My heart started beating fast. Oh my God, this can't be happening right now. I moved back every stap he took towards me. "Emily, can we please talk?"

"What are you doing here Nicholas there's nothing to talk about." I said, trying my best not to look at him in the eyes.

"No, you have to listen to me, Emily." He said, placing his hands on either side of my head caging me in. My heart was beating faster than before.

"Emily, I was never engaged to Natalie. That was all my mother's doing. Do you know how horrible it's been without you by my side."

His face came closer to mine as he spoke. I could smell his minty breath. "I've been holding this from you. I wanted to make it romantic, but you got mad and disappeared."

"Emily, I love you so much."

My breath hitched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a year since I updated, but I plan on finishing this book this year. I have to, so please continue reading, and please don't forget to vote ❤️

Next update is when this chapter gets 10 votes ❤️