Chapter 26

It was so good to have Elena over, we watched a few movies and spoke about so many things. I practiced my speech a few times.

We had to sleep early, because tomorrow is a big day and we didn't want bags under our eyes.

We had a make-up team to get us ready.

Jen helped me into my dress. I look into the mirror posing. "Get it girl." Elena said coming to stand next to me.

"We look amazing." I said wrapping my hand around her waist. "Let's take a picture.

"Jen please pass me my phone." We took a few pictures. "Send me the pictures later. I want to post them.

"It's time ladies." Jen said handing us our clutches. "My brother got us a limousine." Elena said taking my hand as we walked downstairs.

"Of course he did."

When we got out, the driver had the door open for us. We got it. "I'm nervous my Parent's are usually the ones to do this." I said rubbing my hands together.

"There's nothing to be nervous about. You're going to kill it Emily. And if anything happens, Nick is right there."

I took a deep breath in. Nick is right there, but I can do this, I told myself.
As the car door swung open, the blinding flash of camera lights began.

"Miss Davis you look divine this evening!"

"Miss Davis please look this way!"

"Miss Davis who's your date?"

"Miss Davis who are you wearing?"

I wrapped my hand around Elena's arm as we walked down the red carpet.

"Miss Kade you look stunning!"

"Miss Kade please look this way!"

"Miss Kade who are you wearing tonight!"

We had to take pictures before we went inside. The flashes were going crazy. "These people are trying to blind us." I said whispering into Elena's ear.

"They really are, and I already have bad eyes.

"Can we please have a picture with you and Mr Kade?" One of the photographers asked.

"I'll see you inside." Elena said walking away. Nick was already walking towards me. He had this intense look in his eyes.

"You look stunning, Emily." he said smiling at me.

"Thank you."

I couldn't look away from his eyes.

The cameras started clicking that brought me back. Nick placed his hand around my waist, bringing me closer to him.

He smelled so good, my stomach started doing somersaults.

The photographers kept shouting how good we look together.

"That's enough pictures for the day." Nick said placing his hand at the small of my back, leading me to the entrance of the hotel.

A lot of people were invited. Clebrities, influences, business partners and suppliers, investors and stakeholders, local dignitaries and community leaders, and potential clients and customers.

Employees and their families were invited too. It's important to recognize the hard work of the staff.

Guests and the media were gathered outside the hotel.

A ceremonial ribbon was stretched across the entrance of the hotel. Nick and I stood behind the Ribbon.

A pair of large scissors we handed to Nick, we both healed them and cut the ribbon. I looked at him and smiled. Everyone was clapping their hands as the media took pictures.