[Who's there?] the BOY NEXT DOOR

Y/N POV:

     "Jaehyun hyung. What are you doing here?" (This is bad...like, really bad.)

What was hyung doing here? He should have been asleep at the dorm...Did he just wake up? Moreover, how long has he been following us?

     "Why do you sound so surprised? We're all supposed to be here to polish our lines and transitions. Don't tell me you forgot. Also, I know you liked being early, but I never knew this was the reason."

(Crap. I need to explain this to him before it gets out of hand. For the sake of my reputation in BND!)

     "Wait, hyung! Don't jump to conclusions please? I just helped her bring back drinks to her members." "Mhmmm. Yeah right. That isn't the only reason. It sounded like you knew her after all." "That's because she's my classmate! And it's also my way of saying sorry for bumping into her earlier!" "Alright, then. I'll accept that answer...for now, but you aren't escaping the hole you've dug yourself into. I'm telling everyone else "

(And it didn't even do anything about the teasing. Man, is this gonna be a hard life.)

Skip - 9 mos. [May 29, 2023]

The past 9 months have been hell, but with Haerin by your side, it was somewhat bearable. With constant teasing from our members, me and Haerin decided to make an agreement. If we wanted to meet up or talk, we need to keep it as much of a secret as possibe from our members. Also, as you can see, me and Haerin have gotten closer the past few months. To others, we look like friends that have known eachother since diapers, but in reality we just met in our first year of highschool.

     "Haerin–ah, let's go to the library. I need some help with our recent lesson on history." "Sure! I need help in math as well." "Right. Let's go!"

Library - 1 hour and 30 minutes later ; Haerin POV:

     "And we're done! So Y/N, I have a question. When's your debut?" "It's actually premiering tomorrow. The first MV should be coming out around midnight."

Hearing the sudden news, it made me amazed and wide eyed at why he hid that from me until now and the fact that one of my best friends is finally going to debut.

     "Yah! Why didn't you tell me that it was tomorrow night!? I thought we were friends!" "We are! I was just forbidden from saying anything!" "Well...I guess that's alright then. But anyways, congratulations on finally debuting!" "Thanks. That means a lot to me."

As I was packing up, my mind started to wander around.I wondered...what will he look like? More importantly, what will he sound like? I've never been able to hear him sing before. But, let's ignore that for now. Let's save up our excitement for tomorrow. We've got to pack up and head back home.

NewJeans' dorm [May 30th, 2023]- BND D-DAY

(Ahhh. I can't wait! There are only a few hours left before the premiere!)

While I was staring at my laptop — smiling like an idiot — my members were all staring at me with strange looks.

     "Well, unnie looks happy for some reason. Is it because of her laptop?" The youngest of the members, Hyein asked the others. Hanni then responded "Maybe. Let's look at her screen to find out the reason she's smiling so much."

Together, all the other members looked at my screen. And what they saw shocked them. It was a premiere for a boy group called "Boy Next Door" — their new label mates. When they saw this, Danielle unnie immediately asked me a question.

     "Is this why you've been ecstatic since coming back to the dorm? Because Y/N's debuting?"
"Yea-"(Wait, what?)

Hearing unnie's voice, my cheeks and ears immediately turned a bright red. And knowing that I've been caught red handed, I had no choice but to explain everything to them.

5 minutes later

     "And that's all. Happy now?" "Yes, very much. Now come on! Don't just keep it to yourself! We want to watch it too!"

And that's how the next couple of days went. We listened to the first song and continued to wait and watch all of their MVs. I was very surprised to hear Y/N sing. He had a wide range and was a great dancer. But what surprised me most was how he looked. He looked like a model that worked for Prada. Not to mention, he looked like a bunny. And to be honest, it made me feel some type of way...I just didn't know what.

Then everything went back to normal. Except for the fact that now, one of my closest friends has become an idol and is now able to stand with me on stage.

School a few days later

     "Hey Y/N! Congrats on debuting! Your songs were great. But it's still not better than ours." "Yeah yeah. Keep telling that to yourself."

As the days progressed, he started to come to school a bit less nowadays because of promotions, and it made me quite sad to be honest, but that's only for a little bit. I'll see him again sooner or later. But for now, all I have to do, is wait.

~~~~~~

Alright! First arc: DEBUT ; GIVING "ATTENTION" TO MY "ONE AND ONLY" is finally DONE!
The next arc is: THE FIRST STEP TO MY LIFE AS AN IDOL; I'M YOUR "HYPE BOY", SO I'LL "SERENADE YOU"

I'm still thinking of how things will go in this arc but I already have an idea of how it'll go. Anyways, I will try my best to not disappoint.

Thanks for reading and once again, tips and criticisms are very much appreciated. Ideas are also welcome. Peace

:r.ceus_has_left_the_chat: