Chapter 28, the Tux

2 months before prom

Keith's POV: Shiro helped me train every day it was exhausting. Transforming and de-transforming takes a lot of energy believe it or not. He taught me how to keep my heart at a steady pace, how certain smells and sounds can trigger a transformation you get the gists.

"Ok that's enough training for today you ok?" Shiro asked as I laid on the floor exhausted "what do you think" I growled. "Hey chill out do you not remember anything I just taught you" "ugh sorry I'm just really tired and hungry." "I'll go make you something to eat just relax for now" Shiro walked up stairs I just continued to lay on the floor.

I then heard my phone buzz I got up and walked over to the table where I had left it, it was a photo from lance. I clicked on it and it was him, Hunk and pidge in tuxedos Lance's tux was a dark navy blue that sparkled, with a white shirt, and black tie, Hunk's tux was white with a black vest, black shirt, and golden tie, Pidge's outfit was interesting the top half was a light green lace button up top, but instead of pants they wore a asymmetrical green style skirt.

Texting:

Keith: WOW YOU GUYS LOOK AWESOME.

Lance: Thank you, Pidge said they wanted to break all gender norms. 🙄😂

Keith: Well they look awesome.

Lance: They said thanks. ☺️

Keith: I still need to find out what I'm gonna wear.

Lance: YOU STILL HAVENT GOTTEN YOUR TUX YET!😨😱

Keith: I know I'll ask Shiro if he'll take me later.

Lance: You better hurry up then.😤😠

Keith: I'll ask right now.

Lance: You go do that.😇

I went up stairs to talk to Shiro. "Hey Shiro can we go tuxedo shopping tomorrow" I asked nervously  "oh you want to go to Prom?" He asked confused "well yeah it's my senior year so I would like to go" "you know that's a full moon right?" "Yeah I know but don't worry lance will be there I'll be ok" I smiled, Shiro thought for a minute then smiled back. "Ok we can go shopping tomorrow" I gave him a big hug "THANK YOU" "no problem buddy" he rubbed my head. "Ok now go eat your dinner."

The next day

We left at 12:00 pm to go to men's wearhouse "So what even is the theme for your prom anyway" Shiro asked "oh it's space themed" I responded. "Oh that's cool, so what were you thinking for your tux" "I don't know" I shrugged Shiro ruffled my hair. "Hey buddy we'll find you something don't worry" "hehehe ok thank you" I laughed as he continued to ruffle my hair.

We arrived at the men's wearhouse and I've never been to one before but it was super fancy. When we walked in we were greeted by a middle aged man dressed in a suit that looked like it cost more then our house. "Hi welcome to men's wearhouse are we looking for anything specific today" he asked. "Yes we're looking for a tux for this guy's prom" Shiro pulled me in close I just smiled awkwardly. "Ah yes I see right this way sir" we followed the man to a different part of the store.

"These just came in and they would be perfect for your prom young man" he smiled "Thank you so much sir" I thanked him. "Now if you need anything just give me a holler my name is Alfor" he said before walking away. "Ok Keith pick out whatever you want" said Shiro "umm Shiro this place looks really expensive, we should just go somewhere else" I suggested. "What no this is where I got my tux for my prom" "are you sure because the tux that guy was wearing looked like it could pay for my college fund."