Chapter 4, The secret part 1

Keith's POV: This is it Shiro was finally going to tell me our family secret I was nervous and excited. "So you know how you've been acting strange lately" he said "yeah" I said "what are your symptoms" he asked. "Well I've been getting these bad headaches, I'm nauseous almost all the time, my gums are killing me, and my but I was cut off by Shiro.

"And your nails feel like they're going to fall off" he said I nodded my head. He rubbed his face and took a deep breath. "Keith before I tell you our secret promise not to freak out ok" he asked. I raised one eyebrow and just looked at him "Keith you're a werewolf" he said. I bursted into laughter then I looked at him and he had a serious look on his face.

"You're serious Shiro" I asked he nodded "bu-but werewolf's don't exist" I said "yes they do Keith" he said. Shiro looked down and when he lifted his head up his dark grey eyes were now bright yellow, with a hint of brown, and he had canines in the front of his mouth. I jumped and fell to the floor in fear my heart was beating so fast Shiro shook his head and his teeth and eyes went back to normal.

"Keith" he Kneeled down in front of me but I scooted away "Keith" He said "please leave" I told him. Shiro nodded his head and left the room I was just sitting in the corner of my room shocked that I was becoming a werewolf. I went to school the next day and it was my 17th birthday I wasn't that excited anymore about it I saw lance struggling to open his locker.

I walked over to him and asked if he needed help "yes please" he said with a smile "what's your locker code" I asked "28, 23, 7" he said. I put in the code then I pulled on the lock and it broke "whoa how did you do that" lance asked "I don't know maybe it's just old" I said. "Oh Keith I have something for you" he said lance pulled a gift out of his backpack "happy birthday Keith" he said.

I opened the gift I gasped and started to tear up it was my sketchbook that James ripped up 2 months ago. I looked up at lance with tears down my face and jumped on him and gave him a hug "how did you fix it" I asked. "My dad works at a Home Depot so I had him fix it for you" he said even the drawing that were ripped lance taped them back together.

I was a crying mess I let go of lance and wiped my eyes "so Keith to night is a full moon want to hangout after school" he asked. "Oh I'm spending the day with my brother to maybe tomorrow" I said "oh ok" the bell rung and I covered my ears it wasn't as bad a yesterday but it was still loud. It was lunch time and I went to my locker to grab my sketchbook that lance fixed.

once I grabbed my book my locker slammed shut I was turned around and it was James. I rolled my eyes at him and asked what he wanted he grabbed my book out of my hand "I thought I ripped that" said James. "Yeah but my friend lance got it fixed for me so can I have it back now" I said as I tried to get it back but he ended up throwing it. I took a deep breath pushed his arms away and picked up my book.

I was pulled by the back of my shirt and James threw me against the lockers. I was on the floor and my glasses were broken again but I could see clearly like my eyesight got better. I saw lance run over to me and asked if I was ok I nodded and lance helped me up I saw James in the corner of my eye with my sketchbook flipping through it.

"James don't even think about it" I said and he slowly started to rip an image out. I grew of rage and I ran and jumped on him. He fell to the floor and I started punching lance pulled me away from James. I looked down at my hands and I saw that I had claws. I ran to the bathroom and locked the door behind me I put my hands on the edge of the sink. I looked up and my eyes were bright yellow and I had canines I screamed jumped back and hit the wall.

I called Shiro but when I tried to talk it sounded like I had something in my mouth. So I texted him and told him what happened he told me to take a deep breath and think off something that would calm me down.

Finely I calmed down, lance was pounding on the bathroom door I unlocked the door and he ran in and gave me a hug. "Are you ok what happened out there" he asked "I-I was mad I didn't want him to ruin my book again" I said with a tear running down my face. He wiped my tear from my face "hey it's ok if he ripped it I can just get it fixed again" he said I looked up and smiled at him.