Chapter 1

Authors note (YOU CAN SKIP)

Hi everybody!! I am back from my hiatus!! I've been reading a lot of fics and romance novels, so I feel like my writing has improved a heap! Ofc, feel free to correct any mistakes or anything!! I'm also, for the first time, cross posting onto AO3 (link in bioooo)!! Have fun reading my loves <333

-

The following media is for entertainment purposes and I don't own nor represent Stray Kids or any of the people mentioned in the following content. Please note my content is NSFW and contains sexual and mature themes not suited for audiences under 18 years of age. Please be aware that by reading the following parts you consent to the reading of 18+ content and must take all responsibility. 

-

Sophie

When I first got my university scholarship, I knew I would be set for life.

Uni would breeze past and I'd graduate, knowing my time "studying" was actually spent going to clubs, partying and meeting boys. Music degrees are easy enough and with money from the scholarship I wouldn't have to worry about anything.

Then why am I currently functioning on 2 hours of sleep, walking from my job as a cleaning lady to my unpaid internship?

As it turns out, that university scholarship pays for my course and then... about one fried chicken family box... a semester. I might be thin and if I were smart enough I might just be able to ration the fried chicken over a term, but I've seen my four-year-old neighbour eat 2 family boxes in one sitting.

University is not what I thought it would be, if you couldn't tell. It was already bad enough, but now I have an added mandatory internship thing I have to do, since Professor Nickels continues to be overly adamant about how "to be a real musician, one has to be around real musicians." I attempted to stop my internship from going ahead at ALL costs, with obviously no results. I even tried telling Professor Nickels that he was "the realest musician I knew" and that "I wouldn't need to do an internship placement if I already see a super real musician every day." Those pleas ended up getting me nowhere, except for having the course guidelines shoved into my face by an extremely giddy Professor Nickels with a stroked ego.

I take my airpods out of my ears as I look up at the huge building, a building of what I can only assume must be filled with lots of super real musicians. I sigh, rubbing my eyes as I enter the glass doors at the front. As I walk into the empty reception, I check my hand, forcing my eyes to focus on the room number I scribbled down earlier.

"Recording Room 12B," I read, quickly deciding my best bet is to ask the front desk lady where to go. I head towards a stern-looking woman, who is wearing perhaps the most pristine, un-crinkled suit I've ever seen in my life, her hair neatly tucked into a pinned-down bun. Even as I come closer to her, she doesn't make eye contact with me, continuing to type as I stand there in awkward silence.

"Yes?" The lady grumbles, still looking down at her computer.

"Oh, um," I stumble nervously. "So, I'm an intern here-"

"Mhmm?" She looks up, finally making eye contact with me, making me feel suddenly very self-conscious about the Spongebob sweater I decided to throw over my work clothes on the way here.

"Recording Room 12B," I quickly add, noticing the woman's irritability.

"Take the elevator, 12th floor, turn left," she points behind her before tilting her head down at the desk, searching the surface. She hands me a blue lanyard and after taking it, I leave her with a soft bow, making my way towards the elevator. The elevator door opens, without me even needing to press a button, or wait at all.