Chapter 8

Chris

The morning sun glares into my eyes through the windows and the birds outside sound like they're screaming at me, quickly waking me up. I wince as my head starts pounding, placing my palm over my forehead. I roll over as an attempt to hide myself from the burning sun but instead I develop an even worse headache after seeing who was beside me, trying to hold in a gasp.

How the flying-fuck did she get there? Did we do something while I was drunk? To be honest, I have been kind of... horny, lately... but no... we wouldn't have.

I rub my head, desperately trying to make any sense of the situation but with my headache throbbing and Sophie next to me, looking so sweet and peaceful, I can't concentrate. Suddenly my attention is brought to the door, a light knock echoing through the room. I glance over at Sophie, seeing her wake up and notice the knocking as well.

"Holy shit," she pants, throwing herself off the bed, rushing towards the window.

"Sophie, we're on the second floor," I gasp, rushing behind her, watching her climb out the window, her head disappearing on the other side of the frame. I place my hands on the bottom of the window frame, eyes-widened as she climbs off the side of the first floor's roof. She's actually insane, doing all of that with absolutely no hesitation.

"Chris," a voice calls as the door clicks open. I turn around, Hyunjin standing in the corner, holding up a vlog camera. "You're awake!"

"Yep," I pause, thinking of a way to make myself look less suspicious. "I'm just- there was a... bird."

"Okk..." he chuckles awkwardly, skipping into the room. He runs over to the far corner of the room, staring up at a camera on the roof and I watch in horror as he exclaims, "mission completed!"

"Huh?" I falter, not being able to form any coherent words, staring up at the camera which recorded everything.

"For my mission I had to get all the members out of bed!" Hyunjin gawfs, rushing out of the room, continuing down the hall, as I continue to stare at the camera in awe. I quickly come to my senses, rushing out and following Hyunjin down the flight of stairs. Instead of joining my members in the group, I go straight to Sophie, grasping her hand, hearing a gasp escape her mouth as I begin pulling her towards the front door and she tries to keep up with me in her broken boots.

"We need to talk," I huff, closing the front door behind me as we stand in the gardens. Instead of replying, she gives me an impatient nod, urging me to continue. "Did you know about the cameras in each of the rooms, they were on all night?"

"No," she exclaims, her eyes widening at the question. "Shit, I had no idea."

"Is there any way that you could just... delete the footage?" I wince, hating asking her to sneak around for me.

"Yeah, yeah, of course, I'll try," she assures, the wind blowing her hair into her face.

"Thanks so much," I chirp. "Oh and I know you have another project due... so if you need help with that, I'm here."

"Oh no, I couldn't ask you to do that for me," she bows politely and it's the first time I've seen her do that in a while.

"Soph c'mon, just know I'm here if you need help ok?" I add, placing my hand on her shoulder, which she stares at for a couple of seconds.

"Ok, I'll keep it in mind," she nods.

"All right, go back inside now hm?" I say, watching her as she walks back into the house, leaving me out in the garden. I notice a bench beside me, taking a seat of it. This place is so lovely, the wildlife, the birds, the wind, it would be even better if the sun wasn't making my head throb so bad.

Oh shit, I forgot to ask for her number again, I know she probably won't need (or want) my help, but it's better if she has it in case. I scoff at my own possessive thoughts, walking back inside, down the hallway. As I walk over to the group of staff I take a pen out of one of my pant pockets and to be honest, I have no clue how it got there in the first place. I continue to walk towards the group, flashing Kevin and Bert a light smile, Sophie watching me.

"Here, do you want my number?" I ask her, showing her the pen I'm holding.

"Oh, yes please," she gives me her hand, watching the reactions of Kevin and Bert and I write the digits just above her wrist. Now that I'm not grasping her hands in such a rush, it's quite nice holding onto them, they're... fragile?

"Ok," I gush as I finish writing the number down and she quickly puts her hand down to her side.

"Ok," she smiles back as I begin walking towards my members, seeing Han chatting to Jeongin and Leeknow.

"Good sleep?" Han asks, taking a step back to invite me into their conversation.

"Mhm," I grumble, but to be honest, I slept much better than usual. I'll never let the boys know that though, I never sleep well, they'll know something's up.

"Hungover?" Han chortles.

"Yep," I nod.

Author's Note

This chapter is SOSOSO short... I'm SO SORRY. Anyway this Thursday yall r getting a lil smutty type chapter... so celebate!! Anyway, thanks for reading up until this point and ty for all the support <3 Love yall !!

Have an amazing day (: