Chapter 14

Chris

I notice the building immediately, it's exactly how it looked on google maps. Extravagant, beautiful but somehow on the dingiest street in the whole of Seoul. I walk inside as quickly as possible, making my way over to the front desk in the middle of the small, but glammed up foyer.

"I tried knocking," I hear a man slam the palm of his hand onto the receptionist's desk. "Fucking bitch locked me out."

"Excuse me," I say politely, storming over to the desk in complete contrast to my tone of voice, disrupting whatever situation was going on before I had even arrived.

"How may I assist you," the receptionist smiles, fixing his tie smoothly, slightly glancing over to the other man.

"I'm looking for a Sophie," I state, standing as straight as I can, trying to look even a little bit taller, more threatening maybe. The man beside me quickly turns to face me and I watch the receptionist glance over at him, raising an eyebrow lightly.

"Sophie?" The man beside me mutters, brushing his fingers through his hair, his eyebrows furrowed in sudden interest.

"Yep," I grunt. "You obviously know who I'm talking about. Where is she?"

"No clue," he shrugs, tapping his fingers along the surface of the desk, a light smirk plastered on his face.

"What's your name?" I ask, breathing as slowly as I can, calming myself down.

"My name?" He tilts his head to the side, raising his eyebrows. "And why should I tell you that?"

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME?" I demand, raising my voice enough to force the guy to take a step back.

"Daniel," he raises his chin, both of our breaths heavy. I immediately know who it is, her boss' son and I immediately know the kind of guy he is... but I don't know what he's done and that thought makes me go fucking wild.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE," I curse, trying as hard as I can to keep it together, trying to stay composed, stay focused. I watch as he shrugs the question off casually, not even bothered by my aggravation.

"I swear to god," I growl under my breath, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt, shoving him into the desk. He throws his head forward on impact, waiting a second before slowly raising his chin to make eye contact with me. At this point I wish he reacted... I'd be happy if he cried, got angry, at this point even pinning me against the wall and making out with me would be better (I'm not gay I swear). But, no... he just stands there, his face completely straight (as well as my sexuality, I promise) not an ounce of reaction visible.

"Why?" He utters, a light smirk on his face, even though I'm still holding him down by his collar.

"Did you just ask me why?" I seeth, nudging him further into the desk.

"I'll tell you where she is if you tell me why," he smiles, placing his hands on my shoulders as if we're best mates.

"We're friends," I scowl, giving him one last push into the desk before letting his collar go.

"Ok, she's on the 5th floor, room 02," he shrugs, brushing himself down as if he just won a massive fight or something. I shake my head, adjusting the waistband of my sweatpants before walking away towards the elevator only a couple of metres away.

"If you're into her, just give up now," I hear Daniel chuckle from behind me as I wait for the elevator doors to open. "She's just a slut anyway."

"What the fuck did you say," I croak, my throat completely dry, barely able to get the words out. I turn around to face him, a smug look on his face as he sees my reaction. This guy, who the fuck does he think he is.