Chapter 10

Chris

I walk down the marble hall, seeing all the staff sitting at computers as I walk towards JYP's office. As I turn down one of the halls, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I take it out, my eyebrows raising as I see a message from a random number.

Unknown Number: I've been thinking about your offer

Unknown Number: Could you help me with my project?

Unknown Number: Only if you have time tho ofccc

I stare at the messages in shock, realising exactly who the messages are from, making a new contact immediately. Damn, she's actually asking for my help?

You: Yeah, ofc I have the time

Soph ♡: Ahhh tysmmm

You: Nppp

You: Anytime

I smile as I send the last message, turning my phone on silent and putting it back into my pocket, fixing my shirt before knocking on the door to JYP's office. I can see him gesturing for me to come in through the glass, so I open the door and sit down on the other side of his desk.

"Good afternoon," I smile, shaking his hand over the desk.

"Chan," he begins, re-adjusting his seat. "So, Kevin organised your timetable and you have the ability to go to Australia, or just somewhere on vacation for a few days, just to take a break. It's totally up to you, if you want to keep on working, go for it."

That sounds so good, just what I need right now to be honest... but didn't I just agree to help Sophie this week?

"Have you offered this to all of the members?" I ask, sitting up straight in the chair.

"Yes," he nods back with pride.

Shit... There's no way I'm passing down this opportunity for her, even thinking about it is ridiculous... just no. It's fine, either Han or Changbin would've chosen to continue working, they can help her with uni instead.

"Yes, I'll take it thanks," I smile and he nods back, beginning to type on his computer as I walk out of his room.

**

"Han, are you taking the time off?" I ask him, as I sit down on the dorm couch, a bowl of ramen perched between my legs.

"Yep," he replies, sitting at the table, brushing his hair into his beanie.

"Changbin, you?" I press, getting increasingly more anxious as I await his reply.

"Yeah I am," he answers, shoving a boiled egg into his mouth.

"Fuck," I groan, slumping myself back into the couch.

"What?" Han inquires, both him and Changbin watching over me in confusion.

"I just need someone here," I mutter lightly as I hear footsteps from down the hallway, the two other members turning their heads to look.

"I'm not taking the time off," Hyunjin announces as he walks into the living room, sitting down on the couch beside me. "Why?"

"Would you be willing to help this intern with her uni project?" I grimace, rubbing my eyes as I pose the question.

"Oh seriously Chan?" Both Han and Changbin groan from the other side of the room.

"What? Why are you guys annoyed?" Hyunjin gives them a puzzled look.

"It's that Sophie chick," Changbin widens his eyes as he shoves yet another egg into his mouth.