Chapter 3 Part I

Authors note

Hello Everyone!! This chapter is definitely a long one so sit back, relax and take breaks -> I wasn't planning on 2 parts but 4000 words is a bit much... Hopefully you all enjoy :)

TW: Minor mention of blood

Sophie

I know for a fact my cheeks are bright red, it's a sure tell sign that I'm embarrassed and there's no way I can hide it. It's probably the reaction he wants. He's just your average fuck boy, and as he should be to be honest, if I was a hot, successful guy, I would be inclined to act similarly.

I mean, that's the only explanation for it, why else would he subject me to that sexual shit-show of a song so abruptly out of nowhere?

I gaze up at Bangchan, his eyes already on me with unwavering focus. I give him a light smile, before looking down at my watch, attempting to stop any more awkward eye contact.

"Oh shit," I wince, getting up out of my chair.

"What?" Bangchan tilts his head with a genuine display of concern etched across his features.

"Work." I reply bluntly, collecting my bag off the couch.

"Is this not work?"

"Sadly, no," I reply, letting out a dramatic, ironic sigh, pretending to be overwhelmed by sadness, whilst a smirk tugged on the corners of my mouth. Bangchan stands up, resting himself on his desk.

"It's like... 8pm though?"

"Exactly, the bus has probably left." I stand at the door of the room, watching him as he crosses his arms.

"Or are you just trying to leave because the song made you that embarrassed?" He lifts his eyebrows, as if he's savouring the moment. Without saying another word I turn around and abruptly walk out of the door, trying to walk as fast as I can over to the elevator, boots clunking down the hallway.

"Great, now that I'm in a rush it doesn't show up," I whisper to myself, jamming the buttons with my fist. I lift my head, noticing the floor numbers slowly rise and the lift makes its way up.

You'd think the numbers would move even slightly faster knowing how damn fast that thing takes you.

Finally, the doors slam open, a huge crashing sound echoing through the halls as they did so. I quickly enter the lift, practically throwing my keycard at the sensor and pressing the 'ground floor' button. The doors bolted together shut, just as violently as when they opened and the lift sped down the shaft, forcing me to grasp onto the handlebars as a small gasp escaped my mouth.

The lift hits the ground and I detach myself from the handrails, lining myself up to sprint out the doors the second they open. As the doors wack against the side of the elevator, I rush out, running straight through the lobby and past the stern lady at the desk I met earlier. As I head closer towards the glass door, my eyes widen, noticing what I'm about to walk into.

Fuck

Rain is relentlessly thrashing into the road, people hiding under umbrellas, trying to avoid walking through boot-high puddles. I continue to rush outside the building as my hair becomes dampened by the rain and my clothes immediately become soaked. I continue to run down the foot path towards the bus stop on the corner of the street.

Oh thank god

There's only 5 metres left, I'm at the cusp of getting out of the obliterating rain and making it to work on time. Water runs down my face, my vision blurred as my right boot becomes wedged in the pavement. Time seems to slow down and a shiver courses down my spine as reality hits me, my ankle snapping to the side. I collapse and hit the ground, my spongebob sleeves submerged in a puddle of water as I try to catch my breath. I look at my knees as watered-down blood traces my shins and I reach over to my bag. I wobble to my feet and as I do so, the exhaust of the bus kickstarts, slowly leaving the bus stop.