Goodbyes Hurt

Saying Goodbye is extremely difficult when you know it might be the last time you see someone. Seeing someone you care about in a position where they are in pain is one of the hardest things about life. Sometimes it's better to let them go and have the rest they deserve. Most people struggle with this part, letting people go especially if it's someone you love and have been through a lot together. How is someone supposed to let go of something that makes them happy in a cruel world that shows no mercy to anyone who lives in it? 

Sans couldn't sleep, not when his bitty hadn't woken up in three weeks.

During the first week, your condition didn't get any better but it didn't worsen either. It was as if you were fast asleep and you would wake up at any moment. They had no way of knowing what state your soul was in but they were hoping for the best and you would awaken soon. Both Sans and the doctor would check up on you almost every hour of every day but it was like you were frozen in time. And in a way you were, after you fell asleep your body and soul temporarily were separated to preserve what was left of your body. Your mind was left in the void stuck in the one place where time did not matter until you met Gaster. After the eighth day, your physical body started healing, slowly but surely, but you still showed no signs of waking up.

Sans was relieved to say the least, it wasn't much but it was something. He was glad you were getting better but now the questioning looks and confused glances from the gang had to be addressed. Thanks to the resets the others had no idea who you were but they definitely knew something was going on. Sans knew he couldn't avoid it forever, he had to explain everything to his brother and the others. He also knew it wasn't going to be easy. He made sure Frisk, Chara, and Asriel agreed that they were going to help him explain everything, whether they liked it or not. It took a few days to get everything in place and organized enough to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible but now there was no way to escape it. Today was going to be the day that the others were going to learn about the truth.

'Please let this end well,' Sans thought as he stood upstairs and watched his brother drag the Dreemur children into the living room where the others already crowded the small space. He could tell that everyone was a little nervous and skeptical but, to be honest, he couldn't blame them. He makes his way down the stairs and to the living room where everyone is anticipating an explanation 'Welp, there's no going back now, I guess. Wish me luck, Buttercup.'

"There you are!" Undyne exclaimed as she jumped to her feet. "Are you going to explain what's going on with you and that bitty? What's the big deal about a small creature you just met, huh?"

"They're not a creature, they're a bitty, and they have a name you know," Sans seethed, "And I didn't just meet them, I've known them for a while, in fact, all of you met them before." The baffled looks that were immediately shown confirmed that the next few hours were going to be long and draining. 'This is going to take a long while, I'm going to need some ketchup,' He puts his hands in his pockets and sighs, "It's a long story so let's start at the beginning, Frisk you mind explaining?" They nod, knowing that it wasn't going to take long for Sans to have them get straight to the point.

Frisk knew this wasn't going to be easy so they had written down almost everything that they thought was important, from the resets to the fights to the endings. Frisk knew it wasn't going to be easy to explain or accept but it was the least they could do for Sans and y/n after everything they had put both of them through.

'Let's do this!' Frisk is filled with DETERMINATION.

~One very long and confusing conversation later~

"SO YOU'RE SAYING THAT YOU CAN GO BACK IN TIME AND NONE OF US CAN REMEMBER THESE 'RESETS' EXCEPT FOR MY BROTHER?" Papyrus asks, unsure if this was one of his brother's pranks. Frisks nods confidently confirming to everyone that Papyrus understood correctly. Frisk was very aware that it was hard to believe but all they could do was tell the truth and hope the others believed them. The rest was up to the others if they wanted to believe their story or not. "Hmm, that would explain Sans' behavior and interest in the new bitty" He says and he rubs his chin deep in thought, trying to connect all the dots. It wasn't an easy task. The others haven't said anything but that was to be expected.