11.

The crackling of the fire fills my ears as I deeply listen to the elders speak about the story of the cold ones, the vampires, they are what the packs and my dad kill. The closest thing I have ever come to meeting a vampire would be my aunt Renesmee, but she's a hybrid so she's only half a vampire. I've never actually met a vampire, but I know her family are vampires, she tells me very sweet things about them. But I'm not sure how I would react if I ever came into contact with a vampire out of nowhere, from the stories that I've heard I'm sure it would try to attack me no doubt. That is something that I don't care to think about.

When the bonfire is over and it's time for me to go home, I'm filled with hope because that means I get to ride home with Seth since he's the one who picked me up. I stand up from my seat stretching my legs as McKenna approaches me. She grins exposing her pretty straight teeth.

"So, any plans tonight?" She quietly asks. I know she's hinting if Conner and I are going to hang out later who I have officially been dating for two months now.

"Not tonight. Conner's going on a fishing trip this weekend with his dad." I tell her. She nods.

She pulls out her phone and begins typing something before showing me the screen on her Notes app.

Chandler is sneaking over tonight through my window :)

I let out a little laugh at the message.

I settle on saying, "You're a brave one, McKenna."

"Thanks!" She boasts proudly.

"My dad would probably murder me." I quietly reply.

"Nah, he would probably murder the guy."

"Yeah, that's true." I agree. The poor soul to sneak in through my window would probably get his nose broken from my dad punching him in the face.

McKenna and I say goodbye to everyone while I begin walking beside Seth to go back to his car. Our arms brush lightly as we walk side by side making my heart skip a beat. I ignore the feeling as best I can.

"What are vampires really like?" I ask as we get in his car. He's starts the engine.

"They're annoying." He chuckles. "But the Cullens are cool."

"Do you think I'll ever get to meet them? The Cullens I mean. Aunt Renesmee always has the nicest things to say about them." I reply.

"That depends. I mean, maybe not while you're living under Paul's roof. You know how protective he is over you." Seth tells me. He's right. My dad doesn't want me within five feet of vampires... Or boys if he had it his way.

"Well then it's a good thing I'm going to graduate soon." I smile to myself, I focus my eyes on my road ahead of us.

"Do you know what you want to do after you graduate yet?"

"I don't know. Maybe I'll go work with my mom for a while until I can decide."

"At least you'll be safe." He replies sounding like he takes comfort in the thought. I smile softly.

"I'll always be safe with you around."

When I peak over at him, the corner of his mouth is turned upright but he doesn't say anything. The rest of the drive back to my house is filled with silence but it's comforting. Peaceful. Seth pulls up in the front of the house and puts the car in park, I turn to face him.

"Thanks for driving me home... and picking me up." I say softly. I feel so warm and fuzzy around him, it's drives me nuts in the best way.

"Of course."