Chapter 27 - Danger: Part II

(this is no longer based on hallucinations I've had, idk wtf is going on with Walden fr)

You had originally planned to go tear that bitch Jeremy to bits with the proper evidence to allow so, but just as you went to leave Walden gasped and sat straight up, screaming for mercy and curling up into a ball, his eyes searching the room desperately. It was terrifying to see him like this- a stoic and stern man flinching at your touch. You had rushed back over to him, and he didn't seem to recognize you.

"Stay back... you fucking bitch... I'll kill you..." He trembled, his voice lashing out in a tough facade while he looked terrified.

"Walden. It's me, it's Neighbor. Talk to me, tell me what's wrong." You tried to coax information out of him gently, but he shook his head, shifting back away from you.

"You're not Neighbor, you liar! You're here to tell me it's my fault! It's not my fault! It's not my fault..." He repeated himself, his voice cracking.

"Mr. Darling, it's me. It really is. Do you not recognize my voice?" You asked him, and something seemed to click for him as he stared at you with a suspicious expression.

"It's... hard to discern over the static."

"The static?"

"Yes, the fucking static!" He snapped. "And my vision is still warped like crazy- the damn nightmare didn't help either-"

If this isn't obvious, there was no static sound. That was very concerning, and you realized you weren't going to be able to leave to go haunt Jeremy's nightmares until you calmed him down.

"Sir, listen. Please. Can you hear me?" You asked him, and he nodded.

"Enough to get the point across."

"Okay, good. Good. Um, fuck, I've never dealt with this before- what do you need? Comfort?"

"I don't need comfort, assistant, who do you take me for?" He snapped. Yeah, he's not gonna accept your comfort, not while on the job. Not in the factory.

"Okay, sorry, Mr. Darling. There isn't much either Poppy or I can do. Waiting it out is the best we've got." You told him, and he sighed in frustration.

"Sounds like my luck. Damn it, I have work to do..." He complained, and you gave him a stern look. "What? What'd I do?"

"You're not working."

"Excuse me? I'm your boss."

"Yes. And as your assistant, you're not working." You turn to Poppy, who was watching the two of you with curiosity, moreso shock towards you.

"Poppy, can I trust you to keep him from his office and from him killing someone, including himself?" You asked her bluntly.

"Y-yes... May I ask how the hell you haven't gotten thrown in the grinder talking to him like that?" You knew that question was coming.

"Years of getting used to me. He knows I'm looking for his best interest. At least, I hope he does." You explained to her, looking over at Wally at the last part. He nods defeatedly.

"Anyways, I'm gonna go murder someone, I'll be back. I'll spare them if they give me information."

Wally gave you an incredulous look.

"Jeremy?" He asked.

"Jeremy." You replied.

"Damn, go off I guess. Fuck him up!" He exclaimed, looking quite enthused. You chuckled while Poppy looked very concerned for your mental health.

Walking down to Production, you took over the speakers for a moment, announcing through the intercom.

"Good afternoon Production! It's Neighbor, coming to you all with a special request. Ladies, gentlemen, puppets of unspecified gender, I need one Jeremy Jester to the grinder, please. For maintenance."

You said cheerily to the microphone, and the terrified workers shoved the prick over by the maintenance panel. After you shoved the last Red Director in the grinder, they didn't mess around with you.

Walking up behind him, you placed your hand on his shoulder. Leaning down to speak to him in a low and dangerous voice, you said;

"Hello there. I'm sure you're familiar with who exactly drugged my boss?"

He stuttered a bit before responding.

"N-no, no, the man just came up to me and told me he could help me if I put this in the coffee of the person who runs the place." He confessed, and your curiosity was piqued.

"What man?"

"He, he looked a lot like Mr. Darling. Blue hair and everything. It was weird." Jeremy told you, and you narrowed your eyes at him.

"What is this man's name?" You demanded, and he shook his head, still stammering.

"I- I don't know! He didn't- he didn't tell me, please don't throw me in the grinder- I'm sorry-"

"What is his name?"

Jeremy paused.

"He said his name was Walther."

Wait... what the hell? He had to be lying.

There's no way his brother is in the factory. Here and... trying to kill Walden?

No way.