1

Your POV

The phone rang, making me sigh.

Another one. Another call. It's just another normal day for me.

After putting on the mask I wear around here, I leave my office and the phone that just keeps ringing. I ignored it and let it go to voicemail.

Another sound was my coffee pouring into my cup from the machine in the staff room, and the splash of milk I put in next.

A sound I didn't think I could get used to, was a laugh coming from my open office when I return. He doesn't see me yet, but I see him as I took a page from his book and lean in the doorway.

"It's about time your meeting finished" I announced, closing the door. I set my hot mug down on my desk, and walked over to my chair to wrap my arms around his neck from behind.

"Your telling me" he scoffed, switching apps on his phone quickly

"What are you being so secretive about, Matt?" I teased, pecking his cheek.

"Nothing. I wanted to check the weather. We're in for some sun this weekend, we should go on a hike or something"

"You say I'm a bad liar, so are you" I said against his cheek, catching a whiff of his aftershave.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he insisted, shrugging his shoulders, but he tried to act like I couldn't hear the amusement in his voice.

"I give up...we should get going on these testimonies, seeing as now I'm done waiting on you"

"Okay, I'll get a coffee and I'll meet you in my office" Matt said, standing up and turning to face me. The sight of him made me realise how much I missed him for the last three hours he was in his meeting. "Wait, I thought you were getting sick of me earlier?" He asked, stepping towards me.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"You're a bad liar" he smirked, tapping my nose. "Y/N, Y/N, Y/N" he tutted, shaking his head.

"What, Matthew?"

"I told you not to call me that" he exhaled, wagging his finger.

"Sam gets to call you that!"

"He doesn't get to call me anything. Sam doesn't listen to a word I say, so I don't think he's going to start calling me by the right name" he laughed and I rolled my eyes. "Watch it"

"Or what, Matt?" I teased, tilting my head.

"You know your digging yourself a hole here, babe" Matt tutted and my back met the door as he rested his hands above my head. "And, you won't get any kisses for the rest of the day if you keep acting like that" he shrugged, resting his hand on my back. "Make this one last" he whispered and kissed my forehead, before opening the door.

"Matt!" I exclaimed, turning around and watching him walk down the hallway.

He laughed and turned around with a smile on his face. "I'm just grabbing a coffee. I'll meet you in my office" he called back, nearly bumping into a guy from IT. I groaned and leaned against the doorframe, watching him

At times, I couldn't believe how different things were now. It made it harder to remember how much I longed for, how it ripped me apart, but how different of a person he was.

~

"Sounds great. I can't wait for the weekend. I'll ask her and let you know...okay, bye" I heard from down the hallway. The smile I hear in his voice then appeared and mine grew brighter.