3

"I've seen you dress up before and you looked nice, but you look nice nice today"

"How many drinks have you had?" He laughed, raising his eyebrow.

"None!" I insisted and he laughed again.

"Sure" Matt's Adam's apple bobbed in his throat. "It's okay if you have. I don't know how I could have gotten through all this crap in this heat without a few"

I nearly shrugged, but I didn't get the chance to, before he took my hand and led me away from the gift table.

"I don't know how many more people I can talk to and introduce myself to before I go crazy" he said, shaking his head. "Beats me how they don't know who the best man is"

"Is your big head shrinking right now?" I joked and smiled as he rolled his eyes at me.

"Shush you. Do you want something to drink? It's a free bar"

"I want my boyfriend back, is what I want" I whined, grabbing the front of his blazer and into my arms.

"You do have me, babe. The ceremony is over and now it's time to have fun"

"But we can't sit together for dinner" I whined, scrunching my face. He sighed and shook his head above me.

"We've gone over this, Y/N. You'll be sitting with Celia. Jason sat you there for a reason because he knows you aren't familiar with anyone else. Just be happy my mom couldn't make it" he teased against my cheek.

"Don't say it like I don't like them, you know I do"

"I'm kidding" he laughed, kissing my head, before he pulled away. I almost got lost in his eyes as he stroked my cheek. "I'll be right back. Don't get sad now that I'm leaving you for a minute"

"Shut up" I mumbled with a smile, watching him walk up to the bar in his black suit. Pulling at the neck of my dress, I scanned the room and all the people around, talking.

"Here, I don't know what else you want" a voice said behind me. I don't need to look at who it was, but I did by habit and I was met with his hand as he held out a glass of wine towards me.

"Thanks"

"Your welcome" he said, tapping his finger on his glass. "Fuck, they're starting the speeches without me. I'll see you soon, babe. Wish me luck" he rushed, kissing me quickly

"Luck!" I called after him, and he laughed back at me with a confused look.

"God, what do you even say for these things?" Matt laughed from the stage a few minutes later, blushing. I smiled, sipping my wine as I watched him stumble for the right words.

"Here it is" Matt laughed, and so did the crowd. "Jason, where do I start with you. I've known you for too long, sixteen years too long" he started, and everyone paid attention to him. "We've been through a lot together and now, you're married. You always have to do everything before me, don't you?"

I laughed as Matt shook his head, taking a sip from his glass.

"We went to high school together, law school together and we started a law firm and somehow, we're still doing great. I know it wouldn't be if it wasn't for you..." he continued, and my eyes follow his to where Jason stood in the crowd with his wife. "You've gotten me through more shit than I could ever thank you for, and you've been my rock when mine was missing"

The rest of his best man speech was amazing, and everyone loved him. But, they don't love him as much as I do, I think to myself as I admire him. Matt cheered and raised his glass to the ceiling, and I join him.