7

The tree full of lights was taunting me as I poured the milk into my coffee. I put my spoon in, and stirred the coffee in circles as I floated down the hallway.

"You know, the break room looks more like Christmas than your house" I joked, closing the door behind me.

"If there's a problem, why don't you do something about it?" They commented sarcastically, raising their eyebrow at me. He smiled and I shook my head, smiling.

"What do you think I'm doing right now?" I asked, handing the coffee to him.

"I call it buying me into submission" Matt laughed, sipping from the hot cup.

"I learned from the best" I shrugged and he shook his head. "I don't know how you drink that when it's so hot. You must have no taste buds left"

He laughed, moving to set it down on the coaster beside the keyboard. "I guess I don't anymore, maybe that's why I liked the bread you made before you told me you covered it with icing to hide the fact it was burnt" Matt laughed and I shook my head.

"Hush" I said, turning away and walking towards the couch where my purple blanket found a home with my computer.

"What if I don't?" He teased, taking a hold of my wrist and stopping me in my tracks.

"Really?" I asked, turning my body to face him.

"Really" he smiled, kissing my cheeks. I closed my eyes and smiled, enjoying the feeling. It still felt new, and I won't let what happened ruin it.

"I think you should get a tree. It's Christmas next week"

"Then come with me to that tree farm tonight" he mumbled against my skin.

"Really?" I asked, pulling away and watching him frown. "You're agreeing to go all out with me? A real tree, decorating it while cookies bake-"

"Yeah" he said quickly, his lips closer to mine.

"Watching Christmas movies together with a fire in the morning, giving gifts on Christmas morning-"

"Yes. Whatever you'd like" he laughed again. "Now stop talking so I can kiss you already" I nodded and soon, his lips were back on mine. "Think they'll have any good ones left?" He asked, stroking my birthmark under my eye.

"I don't know. I guess we'll see but it's probably picked over rather well" I shrugged and he sighed, pulling me into his chest.

"I wonder what Christmas traditions we'll start this year"

~

"I hope this isn't going to be a tradition" I said, holding back a laugh. I turned my head to look at him, as he eyes make his way over to me after wiping stray needles off his jacket.

"I don't want to hear another word out of you" Matt commented, giving me a dirty look. I opened my mouth and he dipped his head. "You said it was cute when we picked it out, and how many times do you tell me 'you get what you get, don't throw a fit' huh?"

"Okay, but Matt" I started, until a laugh overtook my words and he groaned.

"Someone just had to have a tree" he grunted, walking away and over to the closet under the stairs to hang up his jacket.

"Hey! I like it, but..."

"But what?" He sighed, and when I looked away from the tree, he gave me another annoyed look.

"I like big things, you know that" I joked, meeting him by the kitchen and slipping my way into his arms.

"Don't try butter me up" he said, rolling his eyes and laughing.