12

It was never an awkward silence with Matt, unless we had an argument. It hadn't been anything but comfortable since, well, before we had started dating. Maybe not even long after I became his assistant, if you're not counting that painful in between time.

"Luke and Holly?" The voice on the other end of my phone asked

"Yeah. I still can't believe it"

"Huh..." my dad finished with a soft laugh. "I hope he knows what he's in for"

"Me too. Holly was pissed with me for not introducing them sooner. As if I'd know she'd fall in love the second she saw him"

"Sounds like her" he said with nostalgia in his voice. I smiled, thinking back on the memory. The apparent love at first sight with Luke and their first date, a rushed love story at best compared to Matt and I's. "So, how are things with you and Matt?"

"Good, really good" the answer came easy to me, but I tried not to speak too loud.

"Did your trip go well?"

"Yeah, it was nice to see his family. I met some more of them, and they're so alike. Their humour, and they're all so kind"

"Well, it was good to talk to you and catch up, honey, but I have to get to work. You too soon, huh?"

"Yeah. I miss you...you're sure you can't come here for a day or two?" I asked, nearly holding a breath, already knowing his answer

"Not sure, Y/N. I'll have to see how it's going at work, we're getting busy"

"Okay, I hope you can come up somehow...I'll speak to you Monday, Dad" listening to his goodbye, I set down my phone and sighed. I rubbed my face and moved my legs under the blanket, feeling his warm pair.

It wasn't often I'd wake before Matt, because he's always up early. Not today though. It was nice, getting to enjoy him like this, especially considering the way he drove me up the wall yesterday.

Glancing at the clock, I saw our alarm wouldn't be going off for a while. He couldn't be more handsome as he slept, knowing what I'm about to do, I fight my way into arms. He groaned and I tried to hide the smile on my face.

"Y/N, I'm sleeping" Matt whined against. His arms found their way around me and so does his chin resting on my head.

"I just want to cuddle before work"

"Fine" he sighed, but I heard the defeat in his voice and his snoring returned. His chest was balmy under my cheek where I lay it, listening to his heart.

It seemed to be a recurring thing today, stealing glances at Matt when he wasn't looking, like now as he flipped through his menu.

"Are you going to stare at me, Y/N or are you going to look for something to eat?"

"I already decided"

"Good, so have I" he said, laying his menu down. The server saw a few seconds later, and we ordered our breakfast. "Seems you hit it off with my grandma"

"You think so?"

"I know so. I haven't seen her take to someone like that before, certainly not a girlfriend of mine"

"I like her. She's sweet and even though we've only met a few times, she's easy to talk to"

"I love that about her. You'd think she was my Mom's Mom. She's always let me talk about that stuff with no judgement. It meant a lot to me" he told me and I nodded along, lacing my hand with his across the table.

"I bet so. She sounds like my grandma, she was my Dad's Mom, but she was always there for me"

"I see where you get it from, honey" he smiled with a wink, sipping from his coffee. "What are you staring at, Hm?"