Chapter 13 Continued

Wednesday 10 June, 2015

"Oh please; every fifteen year old girl dreams of this." I said. I saw surprise light up his face.
"Fifteen?" he said and looked at me as if I'd grown two heads. Would I have two heads if what he says was true and that I was more than werewolf and vampire?
"Yeah. And?" I said defensively.
"You're fifteen!"
"And you're a vampire making you older than me right now."
"You're fifteen!" he repeated.
"Did you just reject me because of my age?" I asked accusingly.
"Fifteen!" he repeated in disbelief.
"Oh please. We have established that I'm fifteen. Can we move on now?"
"When are you turning sixteen?"
"You just rejected me over my age." I said to myself and nodded a 'I-can't-believe-this' nod. This wasn't fair.
"Oh I get it now! Why you couldn't drive to the store this afternoon. You're not sixteen yet." He realised.
"You want a metal now?" I said harshly.
"Look, I'm sorry; it's just that you've never been this young when we have found you before."
"Well I'm glad for my past selves then because this feeling is not the best feeling in the world, by the way." I said. He smiled apolitically. Yeah, like that was going to make up for it. "Luckily for you you still have time to get me a present before next Friday then."
"You're birthdays next Friday?"
"I think I just said that." I said. I sighed at myself for being so harsh on him because I reminded myself that it was me and something's always in the way. This time it was age. I don't see the problem with it. He's like... How old was he? If our wedding was in the mid1800s and we were in the 2000s now, how old was he? How old was he when he was turned? He looked sixteen. That made him like three hundred and something years old didn't it or something close? I sighed and went to the edge of the bed. There was no more point in me being there. It was just awkward now. I guess I'm glad nothing happened; I would've felt so guilty. How would I have explained it to Sonny?
"Why do you keep thinking of her?" he asked. Why don't you just go through my previous thoughts and find out, I thought to him. "Because it doesn't work like that." He continued. I rolled my eyes. "There was no need for that. I'm just asking." He said.
"She's my best friend and she likes you. I was only glad you did freak out about my age otherwise I don't know what I'd do. She wouldn't forgive me after that. She wouldn't have forgiven me for having my first kiss with her crush. Do you see anyone forgiving there best friend for something like that because I never have. Could you do me a favour?" I said.
"First kiss?" he said. Out of that whole thing he chooses that to repeat. Well why not? Why not pick up on another of your slip ups, the voice said.
"Yeah. First kiss. Don't worry, obviously it didn't happen today. I'll just wait for you to choose what age I can have mine at alright?" I said. He looked surprised. Oh please.
"I didn't realise."
"Obviously."
"What favour did you want me to do for you? Just say it, I'll do anything." He said changing the topic.
"Anything?"
"Yes? Why?" he said not so sure now.
"That's your slip up."
"What? What do you want me to do?" he asked warily. I smiled sadly and raised my eyebrows. His face fell as it dawned on him what I was going to ask of him. "You can't be serious." He said.
"But I am."
"But me-. And you. And us. Together. Always." He said, distressed a little. I turned around so I wasn't looking at him. I was looking at the door.
"I can't remember any of that. Well you said anything. Please. I need you to do this for me." I said not facing him.
"What are we supposed to talk about? I don't know her!"
"And I don't know you!"
"Where am I going to take her?"
"Don't worry. I already have your first date planned. Partly." I said.
"What?"
"My sixteenth birthday is coming up. Ask her to go with you as your date. I was going to invite you anyway, I guess, so why not?" I said and I couldn't help but look over my shoulder for a second. His eyes pleaded for me not to be serious but I was deadly serious. I turned back around.
"Who are you going to go with then? Yourself?"
"No." I said already having him in mind. I didn't think his name but Trevor guessed pretty fast.
"Daniel." He said his voice thick with distaste.
"No need to be like that." I said. He looked at me through narrowed eyes. I looked around and saw a clock above the door. It was ten o'clock. I better get to bed and out of this room.
"Whatever. Just go then." He said.
"Good night. See you in the morning, I guess." I said.
"Good night? Hardly. You have any idea how I feel right now?" he said. I turned around to face him.
"What? You mean rejection? I pretty sure I just felt that five minutes ago, thanks. But no. I don't know how you're feeling right now. It's never happened to me before. Or maybe it has and I just can't remember!" I screamed. "What? You think it's going to be easy for me to see you with someone else? You think it's gonna be easy for me to sit there and watch you be a couple? I'll never be able to look at you directly because you'll be sitting there with her! She's my best friend but I hate her for liking you. I'll hate her for stealing you away from me! Do you know what feeling that gives you? To be hateful toward your best friend for liking someone you don't know but every time you see them your heart races and skips a beat when they smile or talk to you? The feeling you get is as if you're physically about to be sick."