Chapter 13 Continued Part 16

Wednesday 23 September, 2015

"Why did you feel that way Willow? We checked everywhere outside and there was no sign of anyone being out there." Trevor said.
"Someone was out there. I know it." I said confidently.
"We didn't find-" Daniel started.
"Trust me I know that someone was out there! I've felt that way before and things have happened and guess what? There's no trace!" I yelled, angry at them for doubting me. They were surprised and I rubbed my face with my hands in embarrassment. "Trust me. Someone was there." I continued quietly.
"Ok." Trevor said. I looked at him.
"Don't talk to me like that. Don't pretend that you understand what's happening, you have no idea. You have no idea what I've been through and lost the last few days. You have no idea." I said coldly.
"Then why don't you tell us what's happening? Let us in." Daniel said.
"I can't. I can't tell you. I can't worry about you as well. I have too much already to figure out." I said.
"Then let us help you figure it out. Please. We can take care of ourselves, me and Trevor." Daniel said quietly. He had sat down on the other side of me and took my hand.
"I don't want to tell you. I don't want to lose you too." I whispered.
"You won't lose us. You're stuck with us." Trevor said, a small smile on his face.
"Ok then but I have to get something first." I said. I didn't wait for them to say anything; I just got off the bed and made my way over to the door. Someone grabbed my wrist and spun me around into their arms.
"It'll be ok." Daniel said.
"I said that once too and it wasn't. It was nowhere near ok." I said thinking back to that day in the forest when I realised I was a Werewolf and everything after that. It wasn't ok. Not at all.
"Well I'll make it ok. For you. Always." He whispered and tilted my head up. He kissed me and I knew he'd try to make it ok but he didn't realise the danger I put him in. I didn't even know how much danger I was in. How could I keep him safe? How could I keep Trevor safe? How could I keep Todd safe if he wasn't even here? Maybe that was a good thing, being away from this person and me.
"Wait. You and him?" Trevor said in disbelief. I tried to step away from Daniel but he wouldn't let me, he kept me in his arms, pressed up against his body. How did I forget Trevor was there? I didn't need this. I didn't have time for this.
"What about it, Trevor?" Daniel asked. Trevor was suddenly next to us. He grabbed Daniel's arms from around me and pushed him against the wall. I seriously didn't have time for this.
"What about it? You kissed her!" Trevor said.
"What? Are you jealous or something? Jealous that she found comfort in me or are you jealous because I was her first?" Daniel said, smiling cockily. Why was he making it worse? Trevor's look went from angry to furious.
"I don't have time for this." I said.
"I do." Trevor said through clenched teeth.
"So do I." Daniel said and shoved Trevor off of himself. They stood there looking at each other, waiting for the other to make their move. All of a sudden I fell to the ground as if I'd been pushed. Then I felt a sharp pain on the right side of my body as if someone was kicking me. I put my arm out to feel if someone was there. There wasn't. Daniel and Trevor loomed over me.
"What's happening?" Trevor asked confused.
"I don't know! What do we do?" Daniel answered.
"Someone is beating me up, duh." I whispered like they were idiots.
"But how?" Trevor asked.
"I don't know!" I said. Who was doing this? Why were they doing this? I screamed out in pain and sat up to grab my right leg. Someone had jumped on it and broke it. I could feel it and I couldn't move my leg. Daniel and Trevor looked at me, panicked. Then they looked at each other again. I looked up at Trevor then focused on something behind him on the bed. No. It couldn't be. "Wait. When you checked outside did you leave me here alone?" I asked them.
"Yes. Why?" Daniel said.
"Because they were here." I said.
"What do you mean by 'they were here'?" Trevor asked. I didn't answer him. I stood up carefully so I didn't hurt my right leg again. I could feel it starting to heal but it wouldn't be right. It wouldn't be straight. Trevor and Daniel stood up with me, hands ready to catch me if I fell. I started walking to the bed. Even though it hurt using my right leg I still kept going. I sat down on the edge of the bed and reached over into the middle. When I'd flicked the blankets off before, I'd moved something under the sheets I hadn't known was there. I pulled the yellow envelope over to me. It wasn't like the other ones. The others were normal white letter ones. This one was bigger. It was one of those ones you use when sending something, like a package.
"What's that?" Daniel asked.
"Don't open it." Trevor said.
"I have to. This is making things happen." I said and opened the envelope. I tipped it upside down on the bed and everything that was in it slipped out. There were three pieces of A4 size paper, a few photos and a phone. "Don't touch anything." I continued as I saw a hand reach for the pieces of paper. The hand withdrew. I reached for the pieces of paper first. What have you drawn this time? I opened the first one. It was a drawing of me and Trevor from Thursday night. It only had our upper bodies in the drawing. The drawing was of when Trevor tried to kiss me in the kitchen. He had his hands on my face and my face had been drawn tilted up, and his had been drawn tilted down. Our lips were drawn millimetres apart. I looked at the bottom of the paper. The message this time was written in visible pen. The message said 'So close to being first'.  I rubbed my forehead. I looked up at Trevor. He looked down at me.
"What is this?" he whispered.
"I'm so sorry." I said.
"What is this?" Trevor asked again.
"It's a drawing of us when we were in your kitchen on Thursday night." I said.
"I can see that but how did they see this? How could they know this?" Trevor asked. His face turned hard. "They were in my house." He continued harshly.
"I'm sorry I got you into this." I said to him. He didn't answer. I put the paper down and picked up another. This one was of me and Daniel from this morning.
"Why did they draw this morning? Why not last night?" Daniel said.
"I'm not sure. Easier maybe?" I said, "No, not because it was easier but because we were in your house, not outside. They want to tell you that, like Trevor, that we were in your house." I corrected myself. Trevor cleared his throat. I looked back at the drawing. Again this drawing only had our upper bodies in it. It had Daniel's hand on my face and our lips touching. I looked down to see if there was a message on this one too. There was. This message said 'Congratulations on being the first'. I dropped this one too and picked up the last one. What could this be of? I opened it and there was no drawing, just words. It read- "Willow. We have your brother. Remember and he will be fine. Remember. On Friday the phone will ring and you will come if you want to see your brother again. Remember. Don't believe us? Look at the photos." I dropped the letter instantly and grabbed the photos like they were million dollar notes. There were three. In the first one Todd was tied to a chair, gaged. There were bruises all over his face. My eyes moved to the second photo. This one was of Todd being tied up from the ceiling and there were bruises all over his chest and stomach. There were also big long red cuts that had healed. My vision went bleary. How could they do this? Todd. I felt sick. My eyes travelled to the last one. It was of a table. The table had two baseball bats; one metal, one wood and had different sized knives displayed next to the bats. There were ones with long blades and ones with short blades. I put a hand in the middle of my chest as I couldn't breathe properly. The cuts on him, I thought. This was my fault. I couldn't remember. I'd forced him to leave town but he didn't make it. Whoever these people were, they were going to pay. I was going to make them pay for hurting him. I looked straight ahead, my mind set on what I had to do. This wasn't going to be easy.

------
Soooooooooooo, that's the end of the book!!!
Don't worry, of course there's another!!!
The second book, 'Remembering', will be out next Wednesday, how exciting! I wonder what it's about???