Chapter 13 Continued Part 8

Wednesday 29 July, 2015

We didn't speak during the drive to his house. We were headed out towards the hospital though. I shivered. Yuck. Not very good things happened there. I thought going to the doctors to get a check-up every couple of months was bad but being there twice in one week was worse. By a lot. Just before the turnoff to go to the hospital we turned left. We drove up this short concerted driveway to the garage. The driveway and his house were surrounded by trees as his house must have backed up onto the forest. He got out of the car then was around at my door in a second. He opened the door for me and shut it behind me once I'd gotten out. He was such a gentleman. He was sweet and caring and polite whereas Trevor was sexy and dark and a bad boy. Daniel was still hot but it was as if he respected me more than Trevor did. It was weird. It wasn't weird weird but it was weird because they both liked me but were so different. We walked into his house. From the connecting door it opened up into the front room where his front door was. The door was big and wooden and the floor had white tiles. The windows next to the door were floor-to-ceiling ones so you could see out into the driveway.
"Come on." He said and slipped his arm around my waist. I nearly leant into him but didn't for some reason. Why didn't I just do it? His arm around my waist felt so good. We walked through a short hallway which at the end had the kitchen. It was so big and open! Again the windows were floor-to-ceiling ones. There was also a glass sliding door. Why would he need that there? There was also a smaller door in the door. How strange. It looked something like a doggy door. If your dog was a Great Dane or you had a small bear. Then I looked at it more carefully. No it wouldn't be for a Great Dane or a small bear; it looked exactly like a door for a Werewolf. Why would Daniel have a doggy door the size of a Werewolf? Then it dawned on me. How did Daniel fit into all this anyway? If Trevor was a vampire and I was both vampire and werewolf did that make Daniel a werewolf?
"Willow? You listening?" he asked. I blinked and looked at him.
"What?"
"I said were you listening?"
"No, sorry, I wasn't." I said embarrassed. He smiled at me and shook his head.
"I was saying that I had something... nice planned for dinner. Is that alright or would you prefer something else? Like pizza or whatever?" he said.
"I couldn't say no to a nice dinner now could I?" I said. His smile got bigger. "Daniel? Can I ask you something?"
"Sure. What is it?"
"I know this must sound strange and all but-" I started. What if I had it wrong? What if I was about to embarrass myself? What if he wasn't a part of this? But that seemed doubtful. I knew he had something to do with this.
"But what?"
"Are you a werewolf?" I said. I looked at him. He looked away from me. Oh God I've just made a huge mistake!
"Yeah. I am." He said. "Could you sense it?" he continued. Now that he mentioned it, there was this strange feeling I had when he was around. I always thought it was just because I liked him and thought he was hot. But now I realised that it was because we were the same.
"Yeah. I guess I did."
"Look, I swear I would never hurt you."
"Why would you hurt me?"
"Well you're a vampire, I'm a werewolf. We're supposed to kill each and whatever. But I swear I won't harm you in anyway." He said. I smiled.
"I'm one too. Didn't you know that? Before becoming a vampire yesterday I'd been a werewolf for a couple of days. Trevor knew." I said. He looked at me surprised and came over to me. He held my hands in his.
"No I didn't know."
"Oh. But seriously, that was a cool idea."
"What was?"
"Having that door there!" I said and pointed to the wolf door. He laughed. "What? Don't you like having a wolf door? You wouldn't have to change back to open the door! That's awesome!" I continued. He laughed harder and pulled me into a hug.
"You're hilarious."
"I try." I said. "So, which room am I staying in?"
"What? You're not sleeping with me in my room?" he asked. I froze in his arms. He couldn't be serious, could he? He started laughing again. Oh, he was joking. I rolled my eyes at him. "Here. Come on. I'll show you." He continued. His arm slipped around my waist again as we walked up a few steps and out of the kitchen, into another hallway. It was amazing, his house. The hallway wasn't tiled this time, it was wood. The wood was a deep rich brown colour and it made the hallway darker. I ran my right hand along the wooden wall. I looked up as he tapped my side with the hand that was already there. He pointed to the first door on the left. "Bathroom." he continued.
"Did you design this house yourself?" I asked curiously. He looked down at me. Even though he was just taller than me I felt so short when I stood next to him but for some reason that was ok.
"Yeah? Why? You like it?" he said.
"Yeah I do." I said. "What are the other doors?" I continued.
"Spare room, where you'll stay, unless you change your mind." He said and pointed to the last door on the right. He looked at me for my reaction. I couldn't help but turn pink. I looked away from him and looked straight ahead.
"The other rooms?" I asked trying to get off that topic.
"My room, where you're always welcomed." He said and pointed to the door at the end. My cheeks turned from a bright pink to red. His room was right next to the spare room. Of course it was. He grabbed my left hand, stopped us and stepped away from me, still holding my hand. He lifted up our hands, turned our hands which made me go under our raised hands and then pulled me back into him. It was like one of those dance moves that partners do. We were still holding hands, his other hand had returned to my waist and my right hand had somehow ended up on his chest. I could feel his heartbeat under my hand. I looked at my hand on his chest and I felt his heartbeat quicken. I looked up and saw he was looking down at it. I smiled.
"At least I'm not the only one." I said. He looked at me and my smile grew wider. He realised what I meant after a moment and leant his forehead against mine. His lips were so close.