Chapter 13 Continued Part 12

Wednesday 26 August, 2015
Enjoy :)

I got that feeling you get as you come out of your sleep, that one that makes you aware of what's happening around you. I opened my eyes to see a bare tanned chest. My eyes went wide. Where was I? Whose chest was that? Why did they have their arms around me? I looked up and saw a handful of blonde-brown shaggy hair. Daniel. I looked around me. It didn't look like his room. This room seemed bare, must be the spare bedroom. Why was he here with me? Why was I in his arms? I lifted up his arm carefully and slowly so I didn't wake him. I placed his arm down once I'd moved over. I was tempted to move back and lift his arm around me and lay there for a while but didn't. I looked down. Oh, thank goodness. I was still wearing the clothes from last night. Somehow I knew I would be. But if I was with Trevor, I think it would've been a whole different story. Trevor pushed all my buttons but he still made me feel as if we were meant to be. Trevor also made me feel reckless and naughty. Daniel made me feel the exact same way- that we were meant for each other but he made me feel safe and secure when I was with him. He let things play out, even if they were slow but Trevor just dove in. It was strange and confusing and I didn't know why I felt the same connection when I was near them but they were so different in personality. Who are they? Who am I? Why did they know who I was but I had no clue who they were? I slipped out of the room with my black travel bag and went to the bathroom. I shut the door silently. Being a werewolf meant you had great hearing, and didn't I know it. Last night when we were looking up at the sky I heard birds moving in their nests in the middle of the forest as if they were in the tree behind me. I heard the annoying sound of bug's wings from across the clearing as if they were flying right next to my ear. My hearing just seemed to be fifteen on a scale from one to ten sometimes and I was new. Daniel's hearing must be about the same. I didn't want to wake him. I looked on the door handle and breathed a sigh of relief at the lock on it. I turned it so it went horizontal, not vertical. I turned around and looked at the bathroom. It was very big and had the same white titles as outside. There was a massive spa bath straight ahead, the shower was next to it, the toilet was to my right and so was the sink. I placed my bag on the step of the bath. What? I walked over to the mirror and looked at my face. My eyes were red, teary and my cheeks had tear tracks going down them. What? What happened? Why had I been crying? Was that the reason Daniel was there with me? To stop me? Was it some kind of bad dream? I tried to think back to what I dreamt about but I couldn't. I couldn't remember. Was it that bad that I blocked it out? Like what victims of a crime sometimes do? I looked around the bathroom again. There were shelves of towels on the wall near the door. I grabbed a neatly folded brown towel from the shelf. It felt weird using a towel that was just there but I was sure it was clean. I stripped down, dropped the clothes on the floor and hopped into the shower. I switched on the water and was blasted with hot water. I turned the hot down and the cold up. It only took me a few minutes to shower. I switched the water back off and felt so much better. I felt clean, fresh and more energetic. Ah, the power of a shower. I dried myself off and changed into my blue shorts and my green tank. I bit my lip and remembered last night. My hand rose to my lips. I still felt his lips on mine and the tingling feeling I had after the kiss. I smiled to myself as I remembered how his hands felt on my skin. My heart beat quickened just thinking back to it. I realised I'd been standing in the middle of the bathroom not doing anything for a few minutes while I thought back. I resumed my walk back to my bag and shoved my dirty clothes into it. I took my toothbrush out and found the toothpaste under the sink. I brushed my teeth and my mouth started to feel much cleaner. I hated not cleaning my teeth. I spat into the sink and washed my toothbrush, face and the sink. I dried the handle of my toothbrush on my shirt. I placed it on top of my clothes, zipped the bag back up, unlocked the door and stepped out into the hallway. Daniel was coming out of the spare bedroom. Would it be awkward now? Because we kissed? What did it mean? I knew what it meant but where do we go from this? I just hoped that it didn't become weird between us.
"Hey." He said sleepily and rubbing his eyes.
"Hey." I said, feeling awkward. Oh no, it was going to be awkward between us. Please just let it be my imagination.
"Where'd you go?"
"I had a shower. Oh. Sorry, I just used on of the brown towels from the selves in there. Is that alright?" I said. Well, I couldn't do anything about it now. Wow, I was acting like this was my house. Just like last night as well. I just did as I pleased. 
"Oh that's fine. Yeah, they're for my guests so they never get used."
"No one comes over to your house?"
"No."
"Oh." I said surprised. Why did that surprise me? He was new here, how were people supposed to come over if they didn't know him? Wait, if he was new how'd he get this house? It wasn't selling before? Did he buy this house years ago then came back last week?
"Hey, can I go for a quick shower as well?"
"I don't know how I'd stop you from having one in your house, so yes." I said.
"Ok." He said. What am I supposed to do?
"I'll be in the spare room when you're done." I said.
"Ok." He said. I started to walk into the room when he lightly grabbed my upper arm, stopping me. "Aren't you forgetting something?" he asked me. Was I? I didn't think so. I looked at him with confusion on my face. I had no idea. "You forgot to say good morning." He continued.
"Good morning Daniel."
"Not good enough." He said. His eyes seemed to want something but what? Not good enough? He said I forgot to say good morning so I did. How can you get good morning wrong?
"What do you mean not good enough? What, you want me to sing it or something?" I said a bit angry. His eyes seemed to light up more.
"No, silly, I meant this." He said and stepped closer to me. His arm moved from my arm to my face, tilting it up to meet his lowered one. I closed my eyes in surprise as his mouth touched mine. Oh. I liked this way of saying good morning better. A lot better. It only lasted a few seconds but it was enough to leave my heart racing. I could get used to that. Very quickly.
"Oh. Good morning Daniel." I whispered. His eyes were lit up. Was he feeling the same way as me?
"Good morning Willow." He whispered back then touched my lip with his thumb. He smiled as I bit the inside of my cheek to keep myself from smiling. It didn't work very well. "Stay here. Don't move." He said and touched his lips to mine again before he turned and walked down the hallway to his room. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. Not if there's a chance of another good morning kiss around the corner. I turned around slowly and went to the bed. On the way to the bed I dropped my black bag next to my book bag. Once I was at the bed I pulled the blanket up on my side and straightened it out. I did the same to the other side. There weren't any pillows to go on top so I left the room and shut the door behind me. I walked down the three steps to the kitchen and I looked out the windows absentmindedly. It must be nearly nine o'clock. Surely I couldn't have slept in later than that here. I looked over my shoulder at his kitchen table. There was a microwave and on the little screen it showed the time being nine-thirty. Oh, I must have woken up at nine or something. I turned back to the windows. I felt fine standing here by myself. Normally it's really awkward to be at someone's house and they do something and you're left standing there unsure of what to do. I knew I should feel like that. I knew I should feel uncomfortable about being here by myself and for what was happening when I woke up but I didn't. I felt normal. I felt, in a sense, at home here with Daniel. I think I'd feel like that anywhere with Daniel. I felt something touch my hips and I leaned back, knowing it was Daniel. His arms were still warm from the water of his shower; his breath was hot against my skin as he breathed out and the tips of his hair were wet against the skin of my shoulder when he dipped his head down to kiss my shoulder. 
"So what now?" I asked.
"What do you wanna do?" Daniel asked against the skin of my neck. I felt a bit hungry from not eating very much yesterday but that was getting pushed to the back of my mind as he brushed his lips across my skin. I had to look straight ahead because if I closed my eyes or looked at his arms around me I'd be consumed by the urge to give into my feelings and his kiss. I couldn't give off that I was clingy or just wanted him for the kissing. I wanted him to know me and I wanted to know him.
"Breakfast?" I said.
"Right. Ok. What do you want?" he asked still mumbling from his lips being against my skin. It felt good.
"I don't know. Whatever you want."
"I think we might be thinking different things." He said and moved his lips from my neck to my jawline. I shivered at the nervous and excited feeling it gave me. I couldn't believe he was doing this. This was the sexy side of him. I liked this side of him. I liked all of Daniel's sides.
"Well if you're thinking something like pancakes then we're thinking the same thing." I said trying to distract him. I knew if I didn't it wouldn't be long before I turned around into him. And I didn't do that why? He laughed.
"I can settle for pancakes instead I guess."
"Awesome." I said. He didn't move away from me. "Better hurry. If it's over half an hour, it's free." I said. That made him stop. I smiled.