Chapter 16

I'm sorry to break it to you but . . . I'm saving myself for marriage.

Paulit-ulit kong narinig sa isip ang sinabi niya. Saving himself? For marriage? Don't tell me he's thinking about sex?!

Mabilis akong umalis sa ibabaw niya. I should've not been there in the first place if he didn't pull me. Umayos ako ng tayo sa tapat ng sofa at hinayaan siyang makabangon. I fixed my uniform that got a little crumpled. "I'll accept it if you will fire me. No hard feelings, no complaint."

Now that I said it, I realized it's a good way to end this. I can't just leave because I need this, pero kung siya na mismo ang mag-fire sa akin, I'll take that as a sign.

"Or will you sue me?" habol ko.

"Should I?" Face is flat, he arched his brow. His unusual expression got me questioning why I signed up for this . . . Until he chuckled. "You always expect the worst, Miss Nurse. Why would I fire you? Why would I sue you? I couldn't even stand seeing you behind the bars."

I was reminded of what happened just a few weeks ago when I almost lost my freedom.

"I rather let you continue what you were doing." He reposed his back on the sofa with arms extended above it while legs were crossed.

"I was just trying to wake you up because you told me to come out at four so I can help you change your dressing."

He smirked. "You're so defensive. I am not even saying something else."

Paano? Hobby niya mag-aasume! Hinugot ko ang pinakamalalim na hiningang kaya ko bago siya nilapitan. I don't know if it's because I'm ashamed or mad of what happened, it took us long to do a simple thing. Nang matapos na kami ay siya namang pagrereklamo ng tiyan ni Yuri.

Tiningala ko siya. Sa pagnguso niya pa lang, nakuha ko na ang gusto niyang sabihin. "We'll be eating dinner here before leaving."

We? "You can eat. I'll eat at home."

He geezed. "It's unethical for the boss to eat while his employee is starving."

"It's not part of my work to eat with my boss."

"But it's not illegal to do so," segunda niya.

My mind went black. I couldn't think of something to counterclaim. I sighed at the fact that I wouldn't win against him.

He led our way out of his office. At first, I had no idea where we were going. When we took the elevator up, I was sure we'd be eating at the penthouse.

"There are times we work overtime. This might sound unusual, but we just hired cooks in the company. I can assure you we won't be eating fast food."

I nodded. "That's good to hear."

"In case you're thinking of telling Mom I'm being unhealthy."

Judgmental.

On our way, I started to prepare to meet his cousins again. They look like different eggs in a tray. Some are chaotic, some are quiet. Yuri belongs to the first class.

"Yurigato Gosaimas," si Elias ang naunang nakakita sa kaniya. How did I know his name? It was mentioned by another man earlier.