Chapter 58

"How is he?" Sinalubong ko si Yuri sa tapat ng kuwarto.

"He has fallen asleep," he said as he pulled the door close.

I sighed. He was crying so badly that he got drained. Napagod ang mga mata kaya inantok at nakatulog. "What did he tell you?"

"You're so tsismosa," pintas niya.

Narrowing my eyes at him, my arms drew a cross on my chest. "It's my son we're talking about here. Of course, I will be really a tsismosa."

"You know what, Maurice? You should get lessons about possessive adjectives. It's OUR son, not just yours."

I rolled my eyes. "Wala naman akong sinasabi na hindi mo siya anak."

"You sound like you want to take all the credit. You made him with me. It wasn't just you."

I smirked. "Ungol nga lang ambag mo."

"What?!" Bahagyang lumakas ang boses niya.

"Shhh." I touched my lips with my index. "OUR son is sleeping." I rolled my eyes one more time before leaving his front.

"I can't believe you said that. When Hiko is a spitting image of me." Nakahalukipkip siyang sumunod sa akin sa sala.

"Are we here to argue about this?" My brow raised.

Umarko rin ang isang kilay niya. "You started it."

Ang yabang! Isang round lang naman ang kaya. I breathed a deep one before asking him. "What are we gonna do now?"

"Let's tell him," diretso niyang sabi.

"Now?!" bulalas ko.

Like what I did, he put his index finger against his lips. "Shhh. OUR son is sleeping." He mockingly did that.

"Are we going to be serious or are we just going to annoy each other?"

"Both—I mean I'm serious with what I said, Maurice."

"You want us to do it now?" I have more control of my voice now.

"Not exactly today, but I want it to happen as soon as possible. I can't do this anymore. I feel guilty meeting him as Yuri and not his Daddy. I don't want to live behind my shadow like this. I want to hear our son call me Daddy, Maurice."

Kaya naman pala niya magseryoso.

"Earlier, when he said he wanted me to be his Daddy, I knew I was ready, and he is too." He bit his lips. "Maurice, let's do it. I want my babies."

I stared at him for a few seconds before reiterating. "I think it's you who needs lessons about grammatical numbers. You're forgetting plural and singular nouns. Isa lang ang anak natin. It's baby."

He beamed. "Silly."

Honestly, every time he includes me in his plans, I can't help but mess up mine. I have a lot of things to do on my list, but I'm afraid I'll cross them out to check that one goal. Take him back.

"How are we going to do it?"

"I want it to be simple. I have a plan."

While Hiko was sleeping, we talked about how we were going to tell him the truth. I wasn't informed that the 'as soon as possible' Yuri was talking about was already on the other day.

It would be the feast of the El Dorado that day. One of the traditions during the feast is watching the fireworks display. Yuri couldn't be more optimistic when he said he wanted the confession to happen at the park where the display would happen.