The Last Hand

I don't know specifically what's about her that holds me hostage.

Is it how she walks with a hint of arrogance that whoever stands in her way will break? Can be.

Is it about how fierce her eyes look like that staring at her for so long feels like a sin? Maybe.

Is it about how her fingers run through her hair so she can hold the strands together and tie it tightly at the back like a character in an action movie scene? Probably.

The muted orange ray of sun hit her face in a millisecond as she walked past our open door.

I smiled . . .

"Eyes on the board, Mr. Suarez!"

. . . before getting startled by the loud call of a professor.

"Mrs. Azu . . ." I awkwardly smiled.

"Where are you looking at, huh?" She gazed out of the room. "Looks like you want to shift to nursing. You still have time to do so. Do you want to join them on their experiment today?"

"No, Ma'am."

"You sure? You look so interested in wearing lab gowns and gloves."

She doesn't understand. It wasn't the lab gown nor the gloves. It was her.

Maurice, right? Maurice Severina. Don't ask me how I know her name. You'll judge me.

She stopped going to the arcade after she got the book. It frustrated me that I could no longer look forward to Fridays. There are no more excuses for playing such lame games.

But I found her. Of course.

Cool how fate works. Or should I say . . . Cool how I work. I think Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday will be my favorite days from now on. Basically, each school day.

I'm so excited about how our story will go.

"I need your sperm."

God.

This is not how I envisioned it to be.

"My sperm?!" I freaked out.

"It's for my laboratory activity," she explained. "I just need a specimen."

Well, that makes sense but . . . isn't it weird she knows whose semen will she study?

"You're asking me if I can give you my sperm right now? As in right now?!" I can't help but laugh. It was the best way I knew to hide my growing embarrassment. Why am I the one feeling this way when she is the one asking for it? "Miss, you know it's not that easy to grant your request."

I mean . . . She knows what I must do to give her what she needs. Girl, my face heated at the thought but I didn't make it obvious.

"I can help you," she boldly said.

Someone, please pick up my jaw.

"I beg your pardon?" I think there's something wrong with my ears.

"I mean I can assist you." She panicked.

She. Can. Assist. Me. What?! She can assist me in what?

Girl is as rattled as me. She's messing up her words. Though nervous, she made me chuckle. Aside from her being overtly tensed, she looks so different right now. She wouldn't curse and wear her fiercest look. She's in need so she looks like a rabbit. A mad cute rabbit.