The Wilcard is on the Deck

Whew!

The 2023 Maii wouldn't believe we finished this, nor did she imagine you'd come this far with her.

Thank you so much for ending another story with me, Elixirs! Thank you for staying.

The Heaven's Wildcard is the longest and hardest story I have written so far. Like MauvRi, I almost stopped halfway through. I was at the verge of dropping it at chapter thirty-two. And there were pages I wanted to rip, and sometimes giving up felt like the easiest thing to do.

But I kept on writing. One word a day, then a sentence, a paragraph, a chapter... until here. It turns out, it doesn't really matter how small the steps you take... It's about the courage you hold onto to keep on going despite the setbacks. Because as long as you push through and never get tired of trying again, you'll get there. So never let one bad chapter end the beautiful story that you have yet to live. Yours had just started; there are better chapters that await.

And so, on your way there, hang on, live, reward yourself, tap your shoulder, buy an ice cream, rest if you must, and pause as you need... Games don't end with one bad card. Hold your hand up, your turn will come.

It'll surprise you one day, and you'll thank yourself that you didn't give up halfway through the real game. Today and until then, I am rooting for you.

This isn't a goodbye. I will see you at the next game.

Always yours,
Maii 🦋

P.S. Happy Heart's Day! 🤍