Chapter 2: Eight Years Later

I will do this ---->  *"-----"* to indicate characters speaking in their native language, which in this case will be japanese.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eight years have passed since the day I decided to become a witch. I have been training under everyone in my whole family. 

My Grandfather taught me how to manipulate and generate my fire magic. 

My father taught me how to physically fight.

 My Grandmother taught me more about Future Sight and Dream Manifestation. 

Lastly, my mother taught me the Arts of Phasing through things, Hypnosis, and Possession. 

And to practice, I would often spar with my sister to test out my abilities and powers. 

Akari left for England to go to Luna Nova Academy to become a witch five years ago. She returned two years ago after graduating from witch school to inform us of her tests and trials to become a teacher there. 

She has told us that if she gets accepted, she will be teaching Mana Control and Freeform Spell Casting. Last year, she sent a letter that she got the job. She is now a teacher at Luna Nova.

I am sixteen years old, and I am going to Luna Nova to study and become a witch at the school Shiny Chariot went to. I am at the airport saying my final goodbyes to my Parents and Grandparents.

"Look at you, Akko," my dad began slightly tearing up, "I cannot believe the time has passed already. You are a grown woman. I still remember back when you were a child. It seemed like it was yesterday."

"We will miss you, Akko," my mother cried, "I know you will become a great Kitsune and a great witch. Just remember to write to us when you can."

"Don't worry, I will write a letter to you all every week."

My mom, dad, and grandmother hugged me at the same time. All of them were telling me that they would miss me and that they would also write to me weekly. My grandfather walks up to me and clears his throat, which makes my mom, dad, and grandmother stop hugging me and let grandfather say his segment.

"Akko," My grandfather began, "I am proud of you. I am proud that you and your sister are trying to get all nine tails. It will be a great testament to our family's valor and strength. Now go! Go and become a great kitsune witch. Accomplish your dreams."

"But Grandfather," I uttered quietly, "I still only have one tail. Akari has five now."

"Akko, Listen to me."

I look into my grandfather's eyes.

"Tails aren't the only thing that makes a Kitsune."

"I know, but I feel like I am falling behind Akari. At this rate, she will be the first one to get all nine tails."

"Akko, Do not be discouraged. Akari's progress should be motivation to work harder in your craft... An axe can not cut forever. It must go through being worn away and scratched by a grinding wheel to be sharp. You will go through some hard things, but those experiences will help you grow. Not only in tails, but also in your bonds, wisdom, and strength."

This is why I love my Grandfather. He is always so logical and wise.

"Thank you, Grandfather. You are right. I will not let her progress discourage me. I will take it as a sign to train harder and hone my skill."

"Go, Kagari Atsuko," My grandfather continued, "Go and make the Kagari name renowned worldwide."

With that, I bid them all farewell and I got on my flight. My flight was comfortable, but being a Kagari, I got looks from many people on the flight.