Chapter 4: First Day of School

I wake up with my vision a bit blurry. I look around. I am in a bed in some hospital. I hear a door opening and I hear footsteps getting closer to me. A woman came to my bedside.

She had brown hair, greyish-blue eyes, and a face that displayed contempt

"I see you are awake, Miss Kagari." the woman asked in a sharp tone, "How are you feeling?"

"Feel a lot better. Kami, I can't remember clearly what happened."

"You were poisoned by a Cockatrice. I have heard the story from Miss Callistis, your sister, and the other two witches that were with you. You and the other two fought a Cockatrice  I heard, is this true?"

I finally remember everything. The Cockatrice, the cut, the portal, the Shiny Rod... Wait, the Shiny Rod!

"Yes it is true, but tell me, Miss, where is the Shiny Rod?"

"It is by your bedside child. It was a bloody hassle to get it in here since no one else but you can hold it."

I looked at the side of my bed and there it was, the  Shiny rod.

"You may be discharged as of now as long as your vertigo is gone."

"Ah Yes, it's gone."

"Them come with me. I will take you to your room where you will meet your roommates."

I get out of bed and I follow her out of the hospital room.

"Just so you know, Miss Kagari, "You and your friends were only allowed to enroll because the Leylines failed and because you have the Claiomh Solais. Expect your education to be particularly strict throughout your three years here."

"Yes, Madame..."

We walk in silence for the rest of the way to the dorms. When we get to my dorm she gets a key from her waist and opens the door. I saw Lotte sitting at the desk and there was another girl on one of the beds that looked strangely like Sucy, but her skin was pale instead of tan. I didn't know she had a sister.

 I didn't know she had a sister

"These are your roommates. get to know them well. These will be the girls you go with when you receive quests."

"Ahh, Thank you, Miss...?"