Chapter 20: Keitai

——————————————————————————————————————————-
P.O.V. - Yamato Kagari
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't like doing this often, especially when I told Fuyuko I quit, but I guess dad had a great influence on me.

I was smoking my kiseru (smoking pipe) in my human form.

(***My fault if this is bad quality, before my computer died, I luckily had the smart idea to save all my pictures for this rewrite on my phone

It worked, but as for quality, I'm not too sure of.
And of course, I don't own this picture.***)

I smoked a tobacco I have saved from years ago. It was an unopened tin from 1945.

I was out in the wilderness of Mizu Kuni in an old temple dedicated to my father.

This place is home to many old scrolls that contain many stories of my father and mother along with tales of other Kitsune and their abilities.

I sat on the stairs leading to the temple smoking my kiseru, enjoying the taste of the tobacco.

It was one of the Virginian style tobaccos that Fafnir recommended to me all those years ago.

It had a tangy taste, but also a sweet one since it was flavored with molasses.

It's not bad, but I still prefer Spanish tobacco.

I just prefer a more floral sweetness and not a molasses flavor.

I also don't like the fact that the tobacco was flavored with molasses. That just tells me that the leaf didn't get the robust flavor they wanted so the tobacco farmers had to compensate.

Virginias are good for their tangy and smokey qualities when it comes to unflavored leaves.

Spanish tobacco grows in tropical climates, therefore, making heartier and bigger leaves that have a lot more flavor.

But I will give Virginian tobacco that they do light up quicker due to that high sugar content in them.
Maybe that's why I don't like this tobacco.
Maybe it's because I'd rather have the sweetness of the leaf and not any additives.

But I came here for more than just to smoke.

I need to get some scrolls.

I get up while still holding my kiseru in my mouth and up the stairs towards the temple.

I walk into the temple, which was relatively clean, and go over to the statue of my father.