Chapter 7: Preparations

***This takes place a week after Chapter 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My roommates and I were in Headmaster Holbrook's Office to receive our quest for this week. We're probably going to clean the local bar or nursing home.

"I have been keeping an eye on you three," Mrs. Holbrook began, "And I think it's about time I give you three a harder quest."

"Yay!" I exclaim, "What are we doing? Are we fighting dragons? Rogue witches? Or maybe stopping a civil war?" I ask with glee.

"No, Miss Kagari. I am sending you three to help rebuild homes in Southern Mexico in a town called Tototepec. It is to help the Nagual community rebuild from disasters they have been experiencing."

"What? More community work?"

"Well, I could always have you three continue to do more work around Blythonbury."

"No, No, No, No! We'll take it."

"Good. You will have someone to supervise you while you three are overseas. Your authority will be Anne Finnelan. You will leave early in the morning at seven. You will meet her at the school entrance. Depending on how well you do on this quest will determine whether this will be your last mission for the semester. Is that understood?"

"Yes, ma'am," All three of us affirmed. We curtsy to her and thank her for the mission. We walk out, and I groan as soon as the door closes.

"No use groaning, Akko" Lotte comforted, "At least it's not the busy work we have been doing for a month now."

"This is just busy work across the seas, Lotte. When are we going to get a real quest?"

"You'll get a good quest one day, Akko." chimed a familiar voice.

I looked behind me. I saw Akari.

"Akari! Where have you been the last week?"

"I was on a quest, but I'm being assigned another one."

"Kuso... I hoped you would stay this time."

"I wish so as well... But Akko, Notice anything different about me?"

I inspected her more intensively. I noticed her tails swinging around. It was her typical six tails... Wait! Six Tails!?

"You earned your sixth tail, Akari?" I shouted, "How?"

"Ursula and I were tasked to find a rogue witch causing trouble in Russia. The fight was hard enough that I earned my sixth tail. I was caught off guard by it while fighting, so I kinda might have gotten knocked out and only found out as of yesterday."

"Oh man, how come you get all of the fun quests? I'm stuck with doing community work. The only difference is that we're doing it in a different country."

"Yeah, you get many of those quests during the first year. I do not doubt that you will be monster-hunting by spring since you have the Shiny Rod. Well, I have to get going, Akko. I have to go. But when you come back, tell me how it went. "

She waves goodbye and enters Mrs. Holbrooke's office.

"Well," Sucy began, "We have four hours left of our day before we have to sleep to wake up early. I suggest stocking anything that will prove useful before leaving."

"What should we bring?" I asked Sucy.

"For me personally, I am going to bring some brewing ingredients and a book on the vegetation in the area to see what I can work with. Also, maybe a book on Spanish. We'll be in Mexico, so you better be ready to speak Spanish. I got some books on that if you two need to borrow them."